• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Radeon X800PRO, Good card?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ask mr. google.. but for me i own a sapphire X800 pro AGP it works fine and it can run high resolutions and turn on all the settings to high in all this modern games eg. BF2, HL2, Doom 3... and it overclockes well too..

Try this http://shop.ati.com/product.asp?sku=2700726

Factory "refurb" Full 3 year warranty

$179 plus about $10 shipping. Try coupon code "1010" for a possible 5% off.

I've had mine for 2 weeks sof far it I swear it was brand new when I received it. Does 536/575 on stock voltage and stock cooling.

I'm very pleased and feel I got a great deal. It does not appear as though you can successfully do the "pipe mod" though.

Be warned, ASUS likes to mess around with their cards. Usually their cards are off reference, sometimes it's for the better, sometimes its for the worst.

I had an x800xl ASUS card that would not clock AT ALL, also had a different fan Connecter then most. So putting an ATL silencer on it was a pain.

Also had to reformat my computer due to the ASUS card utilities, they messed up my windows install something BAD. Don't use them. shudder.

The card came mildly underclocked as well. If I remember correctly by 10mhz?

They also used different memory on the card at 2.0ns that seemed to be part of the OC issue. I heard somewere that it wasn't GDDR, just plain old DDR.

Worked fine at stock speeds though.

So I guess for the X800Pro you might find the issues above are not issues at all. just wanted to warn.

Back