• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NGO ATI Optimized Driver v2.5.8??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
basically they are drivers that have been modified by other people to increase performance, or add features... i suggest you try out all of them, to see which one you prefer, and which one is the fastest on your rig... i use the omega's personally...

Ok, I'll give 'em all a wirl... its just annoying because you have to uninstall, reinstall, restart several times for each one. Ahh... such is life.

tLove said:
Ok, I'll give 'em all a wirl... its just annoying because you have to uninstall, reinstall, restart several times for each one. Ahh... such is life.
Be a pal and report your findings...... who knows, you might start a new trend and have many people using these drivers.

tLove said:
I'm lost... I saw these this morning (http://www.warp2search.net/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=25347), and didn't really know that other companies made drivers except ati/nvidia. So I came to the forum to see if anybody posted about them and I see this thread (http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=408962). I'm really lost... which do you think would be the best to download?
Thanks.

They are NOT new drivers or anything like it (the sooner people realise this the better). They are simply ATi Catalyst drivers with some .inf tweaks which can be done with any 3rd party driver tool.

Also consider the fact that unless they are actually modifying the binaries (which is unlikely since it a) takes skill and knowledge and b) would be copyright infringement), any 'performance increase' will be at the cost of some IQ, and vice-versa.

Violator said:
They are NOT new drivers or anything like it (the sooner people realise this the better). They are simply ATi Catalyst drivers with some .inf tweaks which can be done with any 3rd party driver tool.

Also consider the fact that unless they are actually modifying the binaries (which is unlikely since it a) takes skill and knowledge and b) would be copyright infringement), any 'performance increase' will be at the cost of some IQ, and vice-versa.

Phew, glad I didn't try them out. Anyway, I think I'll just use the Omega drivers since most people tend to favor them over CC.

Back