• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

x800xl vs x850 pro?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cooper15

hey people i need an answer quick. which video card would you choose and why.(my old computer broke :) / :cry: , so i am ordering my new one tonite or tommoro). thank you

edit i just forgot, if i do decide to go with the xl id have to get this
4200+ and x800xl
but if i went with the x850 pro id get this
4400+ and x850 pro.

If you plan to overclock the card then get the x850pro.... if you plan to run stock the XL is the better card. Either one of those processors will be fine for both cards. If this is going to be a gaming rig you might want to consider a single core processor.

thanks houserat, im going to be using it for basically video encoding, gaming and stuff like that so i just wanted to get an all around good computer that will last me at least 3 years.so i will go with the 4400+ and x850 pro.

You can get them both for the same price nowadays. I would definetly say X850PRO.
At stock, both cards are similar. But the X850PRO can overclock much farther.

IWasHungry said:
You can get them both for the same price nowadays. I would definetly say X850PRO.

If it's a VIVO AGP, can you unlock the pipelines or is that only on the X800 Pro VIVO?

IWasHungry said:
There a little difference bettwen them, one is clock speed and another xl has 16pixelpipelines and pro has 12pixelpipelines

well as you can see in my sig i went with the x850 pro because when its overclocked its better then the 800xl. and the xl is about $20 more expensive then the xl(yes i really didnt have ANY money to spare)

cooper15 said:
well as you can see in my sig i went with the x850 pro because when its overclocked its better then the 800xl. and the xl is about $20 more expensive then the xl(yes i really didnt have ANY money to spare)
You made a good choice. IF I had the opportunity to re-do my computer, I would've picked the X850 also.

Back