• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is sager 8890 any good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

voigts

I have been looking around for something to replace my Sony GRX-560 as the graphics won't do any games to speak of. I have run across a couple of these Sager's for sale used at very reasonable prices and am wondering if they are any good or not. I can't seem to find anything on Google in the way of reviews.

I use my laptop as a desktop replacement and seldom use it on batteries, so battery life is not a biggy in my book. i want more portable performance, but don't have the cash to shell out $1500 or more on a Dell 9300 with the 256mb 6800go and hence was looking at this as a decent alternative.

Any experiences with these?

The dell looks alright. I don't like dell much myself.. but..

I'm looking into the Acer Ferrari 4005 Myself.
Has rather nice battery life. And wonderful gaming performance.

But since you don't care much about the battery life, with your cash limit the dell would probably be a very good choice.

Sagers are very nice machines. They are built from Clevo's wich are probably the #1 OEM of laptops.

J.

Sagers are very nice. Little bit over priced, but good. You may want to wait for clevo's new A64/X2 and X800XT 16 pipe moblie card :santa: That combo.... Drool.... :santa: Right now the best coption is the Gen 2 XPS by Dell or a the 9300 if you are on a buget. By bar the best bang for your buck laptops

I must admit that I have never heard of clevo. Is this something you can buy direct? I don't see anything besides the manufacturers site.

I really am trying to find something with at least a 16" or preferably a 17" screen. As for me, the bigger the screen, the better! My sony has the 16.1" screen and i really like it.

the dell 9300s are what I have been mostly been looking at with the 256 6800go. I however am not crazy about Dells after having worked on several desktops for clients to find they add the stupidest quirkiest customizations at the BIOS and even the partition level.

Clevos are the best desktop replacements. Period.
The only problem, is that they are expensive.

You can not buy them from the manufacturer themself: I would suggest hypersonic-pc or sager for a clevo.

Yes Clevo makes the barebones, and other buy them, slap there name on it, and sell it as there own. on the 9300/ Gen XP2 the build quailty is great, no problems with mine so far, and the bios is pretty normal. Not much you can change, but there are a few things.

Back