• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dividers not working properly?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Careface

Heya, I was just messing around with my pc (specs in sig) tonight because i am sick to death of running my 'crap' ram at such low speeds (193mhz) so i decided i would actually test to see whether my ram was actually to blame.

So i lowered my venice's 300htt to 200 and ran the ram in 1:1 an raised htt (as you do) and i got to 230mhz on ram completely stable.. im thinking "woot! its not my ram, maybe i just missed a setting or something".. so i go ahead and make a list of what the ram dividers do, and worked out that if i ran 300htt with the cpu and ran a divider so that the ram would comfortably run at 225mhz....doesnt boot into windows... so i tried the next divider down, 207mhz or something, still no boot..

wtf is happening here? my ram has run fine @ 230mhz when i had it running 1:1, but as soon as i put dividers on it other than half or the next one up (which gives me 193) it refuses to boot.. is there something wrong here, or just something ive overlooked?

Any help would be much appreciated, as my ram is really letting me down when it comes to.. well, anything really

Careface*

Well that's the thing with dividers as they don't work well with certain chips (others will disagree). I tried Balistix awhile ago on the same board in my sig and it wouldn't take any divider beside 9/10. BIOS update did help to a certain extent but still not all dividers worked.

However .5 multiplier helped but I don't know if it will work in your case.

Back