• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PAT and memory acceleration mode both enabled?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bastula

Registered
i have an asus P4P800 mobo and a 2.4C. somehow, PAT and memory acceleration mode are both enabled and ive oced to 3.0 on 1:1 ratio. how is this possible?

cpu-z shows that performance mode is enabled in the memory tab. its really weird.

any ideas?

Do you have turbo and memory acceleration mode enabled?

BTW, don't trust CPU-Z's readings for that, look at everest, and look at the chipset section...

BTW, you can enable PAT with a simple bios flash mod.

and this belongs in the mobo section :D

Its because the mobo uses the 865 chipset like mine and it wont enable if the fsb is over 200.
Try it set the fsb to 200 and it will be enable set it 202 and wont be.
Have a look in the intel asus motherboard section i think theres a bios trick so it will over 200fsb but i think it becomes unstable over a certain fsb point.

jenko said:
Its because the mobo uses the 865 chipset like mine and it wont enable if the fsb is over 200.
Try it set the fsb to 200 and it will be enable set it 202 and wont be.
Have a look in the intel asus motherboard section i think theres a bios trick so it will over 200fsb but i think it becomes unstable over a certain fsb point.

That was just a misconception. BigToe just had bad ram when he tested, it doesn't hinder overclock.

The PAT mod works great. I have my 2.4C running 292mhz with PAT on turbo 1:1 with my Hynix D43's. Hasn't hindered my overclock at all. My mobo temp (chipset) did rise a couple of degrees but it's worth it. :D

How do you d/l this BIOS for a P4P800SE? I've got my FSB at 260 and want PAT from what I've heard about it, but it's hidden in i865's?

Tweak865 software enables you to change memory timings and force PAT on the fly, works within Windows on the Intel 865/875 chipsets.

Get free program here: http://www.cpuid.org/download/Tw865.zip

Ghost mode (automatic timing settings and auto exit on each boot):
- Place a shortcut in to tweaker in start-up folder.
- Save your favourite timings with save button (will be saved as .txt file).
- Right click properties on icon in start-up folder. Enter on target line, e.g.:
"C:\Program Files\Tw865\Tw865.exe" -file=tw865.txt
Make sure the above string corresponds to where you have place the tweaker software on your hard drive.

Highly recommended (enables full PAT with all dimms filled on my setup with 4x512MB ram)

Back