• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

big stability problems using phase...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

koontz946

OK so i installeed my mach I today, and for some strange reason i cant get ANYTHING stable. my temps are -10C - -16C in BIOS, prommie reads -33C

any time i try loading into windows, it reboots the system.

ive tried running at stock, to no avail.

ive tried my previous good OC settings (loaded them exactly as they were) and they do not work at all.

is there anything typical that i might not have known to do? something in BIOS, etc?

Usually the first few mishaps related to starting out with a prommy are related to not having good head contact between the evap head and the CPU. It takes a little time and seal string mess to get it right. Of course some match it right up, but it took me a few tries. And I still occasionally need a remount for this reason. Your rebooting sounds like that may be your problem, usually reboots like that are heat related. Check the paste dispersement when you do your reseat.

The next thing to be aware of is the condensation. Even after many cpus, boards and yes boxes of seal string (from auto stores=inexpensive) I still keep a flashlight and do many close inspections around the evap housing looking for those bubbles of water. If there they usually show up within hours of the remount. If you see them about the only way to get rid of that is a remount.

i found out what it was... condensation problem

board's fine, havent tried O'Cing it yet, as im just making sure everything's at 100%

What beeps does bios make as it is booting up? Usually when a computer boots up it gives one quick beep that means all is well. If you get something besides one beep then you can find out from the sequence or number of beeps what is wrong.

Back