• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

quick ddr2 reviews

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If you remember that "old" thread, I picked them up after your initial testing of them and they certainly haven't let me down!

That's encouraging news on the voltage. So you think 2.4V is pretty safe for daily use? It's definitely not worth the stress to me for upping it to the 2.6V range given the law of diminishing returns, but CAS4 and ~DDR1000 with about 2.4-2.45V definitely rock-n-rolls.

Yeah, it seems like anything slower than default timings doesn't do much to increase speed at all, which kind of surprised me. At some timings, it just won't even boot (4-3-3-4). I don't know if that's BIOS or a speed programming issue, but for me, the step down is pretty much limited to going from 4-2-3-4 to 5-3-3-4.

Oh, I should have noted in the post with the table: my latency order is as they are in BIOS, not CPU-Z. CAS->RAS Precharge->RAS-CAS Delay->Cycle Time. In CPU-Z, the middle two latencies are reversed compared to high I list them.

Back