• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Media cases, any experience?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mrgreenjeans

I want to build a hot rod media PC which would hopefully fit in with the rest of the A/V system and am looking for a case. It needs to be quiet but I also want full ATX with twin 7800 SLI's so I can game on my TV (A 30" sharp Aquos with dedicated PC inputs, etc., etc.) We're moving and I'm not going to be able to have my separate gaming rig in the basement for those all night loud gaming sessions and want to consolidate into a media system and since I've got to upgrade, why not do it right?

Anyone played around with any cases of this style yet? I 've viewed the ANtec line and they don't impress me. Recommendations?

If you want to cool an SLI setup it's best to just go with a regular ATX case to accomodate the setup. Media cases are not designed for cooling high performance video cards.

to the OP:

You might want to visit HTPCNews.com and check out the experiences of the posters on their forums. They are the experts when it comes to building systems using horizontal media cases.

And yes, I've seen gaming systems built using media cases like Silverstones that can game reasonably well and still run quiet. (Mine is in a Silverstone LC03).

HTH.

Back