• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about Pin Modding, Im so sorry.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

whoever

Im so sorry to ask this question but there is no sticky.

Um, well, I have a question what processors can be pin moded with this 478-479 deal? is it only i9300? Or is it any PM? Or just 1.6ghz? Im looking to buy a MSI barebone, (1013 I think?) and I'd like to go turion, but a $200 chip oc'd from 1.6 to 2.23 is to good to pass up.

also I read the therad on the 478 and 479 chips which confused me, is there a real problem there or was that just an interesting observation?

PS looking to buy in 3 months!

Its so far away!

Pin modding involves Pentium M the one with 2MB L2 cache with a laptop with 915gm chipest.

meionm said:
Pin modding involves Pentium M the one with 2MB L2 cache with a laptop with 915gm chipest.

Sweetness, and where is a good guide for it? I suppose google might answer that. and it bumps any 2mb PM 2mb cahce up to 2.26ghz? Or is it a specific model. Will it drain more power, will heat up more?

Thanks, sorry but i am a newb at this, not OVerlcoking mods, but this paticular mod.

remember that you need to buy a 400mhz Dothan processor for the pin guide to work ;) it's very important. there's a stickey in the intel processors section but it's for desktops systems but you can still apply most of the information to your notebook.

Back