• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Research..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shelnutt2

Overclockers Team Content Editor
The time has come for me to statr researching about getting a laptop. My dad is coming back up for a computer loan with his job. He's 60th on the list so he's about 4-6 months away (asuming new people who are applying for there first loan step in front of us).

I definitaly know we want a pentuim-m. We are intel fan people. Right now I know we would want a 730, the 2GHz 800FSB model. Manly becuase it has power and battery power. I know intel is relesing the Yohana's and the filling in teh gap chip sometiem next year. Basicly I want to know when will these be out, and what are they looking like (speed, I know they are dual core, but how are the supose to preform)?

Woah... this post allmost fell off the front page without a reply... that's a no no :|

I've been reading up on Yonah and it seems like they will be pretty pricey for the chips in the beginning but it seems like you could expect about a 30-50% peformance boost compared with a single core pentiu-m running at the same speed. The Yonah chips are supposed to be realeased Q1 of 06 but I woulden't be suprised if you wern't able to be able to buy a laptop from a manufacturer that carries yonah chips in their laptops until the first of second quarter 06.

Back