• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

blank screen??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jonlewis_3

I need help, i was given a laptop, i dont no wat make or model but all i know is that when i power the thing up nothing happens on-screen please help

jonlewis_3 said:
I need help, i was given a laptop, i dont no wat make or model but all i know is that when i power the thing up nothing happens on-screen please help

try hooking a monitor up to the VGA port. and if it doesn't lite up right away try restarting.

then you should be able to determine something about the laptop from the my computer properties.

Other than that; look for serials if you place the serial number in quatations in google its rare to not get soemthing.

And make sure you have it plugged into the wall incase your experinceing some wierd power issues, infact, i'd take the battery out while your diagnosing.

just found out the laptop is a peacock challenger 710, iv never heard of these either but it cam from malaysia and has been sat about doin nothin

maybe the cable that comes from the screen and plugs into the graphics card is loose... I've never heard of that kind of laptop before. Does it make any BEEPS WHEN IT STARTS UP? does the Harddrive spinup? Have you tried reseating the ram? have you looked for a function key that might turn the screen on and off?

about how many years old is this laptop? if you don't know maybe you could get what cpu it has ex. pentium-m, pentium-4, PIII, amd athalon, K6-2, 486?

Back