• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

x850xt problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

klear

I bought the ati version and when I first installed it the fan changed to different speeds depending on how hot the card got. I'm not sure when it stopped doing that now but it won't change speeds at all. I was playing BF2 and it gave me a message saying the card got too hot so its going to underclock the videocard. Before, the fan would just kick in to turbo mode and sound like a vacuum. I'm using all the updated drivers for everything. Anybody know what could be the deal here? Don't look at the computer below, I haven't updated it yet.

its probably a setting in your ati setup control panel. A newer version of the control panel might have disabled the function, or might be reading your temps incorrectly. Try using an older version of the software. Try omega drivers.... they always worked well for me.

Very well could be. I'll check the setting and then switch to omega probably. Thanks.

Well installed omega's and there's a tab to controll the fan. Checked it out and it all works great! Thanks.

Back