• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

the Tai Chi case from TT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Looks like a cool case. I really like the door design with the way it opens. I also like the idea of mounting the WCing on the door. The only problem is the price.

:bang head :bang head I didn't even see that post. I got the email that you replied and hit the link. never even seen it. I feel oh so stupid------nah overworked maybe

millhouse said:
Looks like a cool case. I really like the door design with the way it opens. I also like the idea of mounting the WCing on the door. The only problem is the price.

The door design is pretty neat.. they lock in with magnets

DaFonz - How do you lik their WC setup? What's the performance compared to the 300 DYI WC setup? for 400 bucks, it comes with WC setup right?

edit: nvm, I found my answer, there are two version, 300 bucks for the standard non WC one :( Look nice regardless but way too overpriced.

Last edited:
nkcd said:
DaFonz - How do you lik their WC setup? What's the performance compared to the 300 DYI WC setup? for 400 bucks, it comes with WC setup right?

edit: nvm, I found my answer, there are two version, 300 bucks for the standard non WC one :( Look nice regardless but way too overpriced.

haha heck no.. $389 = non water cooling.

I can't speak for the water cooling setup as the one I got didn't come with it

DaFonz said:
haha heck no.. $389 = non water cooling.

I can't speak for the water cooling setup as the one I got didn't come with it

what can you say about the quality of the case - price to price ($300), it's the same as the Lian-Li top ends, but what about the quality? I like this better than the Lian-li 2100 series because I think this would be easier to mount the BIX2 for my custom WC setup. But I don't know. What you think?

Normally, I wouldn't put thermaltake quality as rival to that of lian li, but this case is up there. Definitely competes with the Lian lis and silverstones of the world.

Copied and pasted from my post in the other thread in case you didn't see it.

Just finished playing with the case and I was pretty impressed.

My thoughts -
Excellent airflow with a crapload of space inside.

everything-installed.jpg

The case was very good at staying cool.. I run prime95 and looped 3d mark 2005 for a good couple of hours and the case barely got warm. The same setup in a Silverstone Tj-05 made the case quiet warm. Airflow was also significantly better than the Silverstone. Performance was significanlty better than the Antec SLK (um.. something something) that I normally run in the system, but to be expected considering volume is something like 3 times more! Not to mention I only had a single 80mm panaflo exhaust on the Antec vs the dual 120mm fans of the Thermaltake.

Build quality is better IMO than typical thermaltake stuff... then again, it better be for how much it costs. The hydraulic arm is neat, but doesn't really serve any purpose except for the cool "whoosh" sound.

Oh forgot to say.. the removable mobo tray is NICE

Is it worth $389? I personally wouldn't spend that kind of money on a case, but it's me. The build quality was definitely there though and I can see why the case cost so much as everything is metal and machined nicely.

OH yah.. the box is freaking HUGE... it's taking up so much space now that it's been packed up again :(

It would be sweet to put a hinge on a door and get like a small actuator and have it open by remote. Maybe ill do something like that one day.

interesting. I'm wondering if this case is good enough to fit a custom WC setup with the BIX2 (on the side pannel). I'd get it if it's enough room but I doubt it has at least 80mm clearance between the side panel and the Mounted PCI cards to fit the BIX2 + 120x38mm fans.

Dafonz, is there anyway that you can help measure?

Thanks a lot bro.

you gotta be kidding me $389 on that case???? forget it and get Lian Li w/ high quality built and way cheaper also excellent for watercooling setup too

nkcd said:
interesting. I'm wondering if this case is good enough to fit a custom WC setup with the BIX2 (on the side pannel). I'd get it if it's enough room but I doubt it has at least 80mm clearance between the side panel and the Mounted PCI cards to fit the BIX2 + 120x38mm fans.

Dafonz, is there anyway that you can help measure?

Thanks a lot bro.

Sorry dood.. already sold it.

Gotta see the chassis in person to get an idea of its quality =)

Honestly, it is one of the toughest, best built chassis I've seen, right up there with Lian-Li.

Seen it at Monarch Monday and I would say it is definately the armored car of cases. extremely well built and does feel armor plated. lol

After looking at the price, I got the P180 Antec case.

Last edited:
Back