• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gainward has Screwed me

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have sent numerous emails and all I get is they will not cover a RMA because it was bought before Gainward sold its shares to the new company.

Gainward are scum, i got a card from an ebay store, plastic wrapped and brand new, the heatsink fell off by itself (i had not been screwing with it) and the card was toast. the ebay store was no longer trading at that point, so i contacted gainward who said

"we do not accept RMA requests other than from authorised Gainward retailers, please contact your retailer"

I explained the situation in more depth, and they sent me back an e-mail along the lines of

"Dear Valued Customer!!!!

Return the card to an authorised retailer!!!!"

and then they ignored all future e-mails that I sent them. I have reported them to UK Trading Standards, with no resolution (I can't afford or be bothered to sue). I'm pretty sure that under UK law if the retailer closes, then the manufacturer is responsible for honoring the warranty.

I'm buying BFG or Sapphire in future.

>HyperlogiK< said:
Gainward are scum, i got a card from an ebay store, plastic wrapped and brand new, the heatsink fell off by itself (i had not been screwing with it) and the card was toast. the ebay store was no longer trading at that point, so i contacted gainward who said

"we do not accept RMA requests other than from authorised Gainward retailers, please contact your retailer"

I explained the situation in more depth, and they sent me back an e-mail along the lines of

"Dear Valued Customer!!!!

Return the card to an authorised retailer!!!!"

and then they ignored all future e-mails that I sent them. I have reported them to UK Trading Standards, with no resolution (I can't afford or be bothered to sue). I'm pretty sure that under UK law if the retailer closes, then the manufacturer is responsible for honoring the warranty.

I'm buying BFG or Sapphire in future.

I stopped counting how many time's I've tried to dissuade people from buying high end video cards on Ebay. Seen to many problems to recommend it. The aggravation it can cause is not worth the money saved from buying from a reputable retailer.

gixxer420 said:
any luck yet SSS

I'd surely post it if I was able to get them to do the right thing, at this time I am almost to the point of telling people to stay well clear of Gainward and their products as this situation is pathetic. While I havent given up, It doesn't look good.

What a horrid way to keep all profit and cut losses....

Sell at lowest price + Sell as many as can be sold (including extended warranties if applicable) + collect cash & claim warranty is ok + when warranties are due: trade company to keep cash = $$$
/Repeat

meh, thats how I have seen it done before with places I used to work...

I keep sending emails but get no response. I just don't see how they aren't resposible for all warrenties prior to the buy out. Blows my mind

Back