• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gainward has Screwed me

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gixxer420

Okay I purchased a 6800gt GS back in Sep of last year. Well the card has went south. I send out email needing a RMA. I get that the Gainward in the USA was bought out. Well the new company that runs Gainward is not supporting the warranty. So basically I sitting here screwed.

I thought to my knowledge that if you purchase a company you are responsible for all warranty and support of the products prior to the buy out.

Last edited:
Ehh, try a little harder with Gainward... Don't buy and return the bad one, it's not a good idea.

The card isn't dead or nor was it oc'ed. It just looses sync with the monitor when opening up other programs and mainly cs source

gixxer420 said:

I feel for your issue, but what you just wrote could cost you your Classified access. I can see what I can do to try to help you with this matter, but resorting to illegal activities is one way to really annoy me.

Last edited:
All fixed Silver. (very sorry)

All the help would be greatly appreciated. I have tried everything all emails and such. All I get is that they switch owners and they are not covering the warranty from prior to the new ownership.

gixxer420 said:

All the help would be greatly appreciated. I have tried everything all emails and such. All I get is that they switch owners and they are not covering the warranty from prior to the new ownership.

Who did you purchase the card from? What outlet or store? I know at least under UK law the place you actually paid for it are responsible if the product is faulty. Check up on local law.

gixxer420 said:

Use the e-mail link in my profile and send me some info so I can call them and see what I can do. I'll need your name and any other facts about the card you can give me.

from what ive read from those threads that the person above me has posted, it looks like your SOL, what i would do is right a letter to the watchdog at maximum pc.. they've helped a lot... no offence to SSS, but im not sure how much he can do, as it looks like they've screwed a lot of people over, many have fought it, but none have gone anywhere... maximum PC might help as it is a magazine (a popular one at that) and maybe the publicity is something this problem needs....

^^ yeah, maximum PC has helped a ton of people get out of seemingly impossible situations in the past. Such is the case when you have $$$ and can influence people's opinion at the touch of a few keys...

I just sent a email to burke @ nvidia and also watchdog.

Maybe they can help other customers like me out.

gixxer420 said:
still no word.

SSS any info?

Still no resolution, but I am not done with this issue
beat.gif

You need to call Gainward UK or in Asia. A friend of mine had his GS fan go out and they sent him a new one (fan).

Back