• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SI-120 (Systemcooling.com review)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Wow, temps in the 30's...that is pretty good. The base does look kind of rough as noted in the review, but I guess one could always lap their HS.

I have this.... at Stock settings with my X2 4800+ I'm getting 38~40C MAXLOAD This is with a panaflo ultra high output fan blowing down on the si-120. I believe this could be lower, but my amibent temps are a little higher than normal.. during winter i expect this maxload temp to decrease to around 35C or lower...

ExtraGhost said:
Looks to be about .1-.3 higher then a XP-120

Actually id say an inch or so.

That a great review. D'ya modding a copper sink in the middle would do any good?

dpgthing said:
I have this.... at Stock settings with my X2 4800+ I'm getting 38~40C MAXLOAD This is with a panaflo ultra high output fan blowing down on the si-120. I believe this could be lower, but my amibent temps are a little higher than normal.. during winter i expect this maxload temp to decrease to around 35C or lower...

Nice! Makes me feel good about having purchased this HS for my build. Should do good things for my X2 3800+ whenever I have the money to buy it.

Wiggles said:
Nice! Makes me feel good about having purchased this HS for my build. Should do good things for my X2 3800+ whenever I have the money to buy it.

wow... just noticed that post. Those are great temps. Maybe ill look into it.

a question i'm hoping someone can address: would this thing cool even better with a sparse arrangement of fins protruding from the base? also, what do y'all think of the new, larger base?

Probably a little bit. Bit what you are saying is just about what the xp-102 is.

The si-120 looks pretty good. But i would probably want the xp-120 since heatpip dependant heatsinks make me uncomfortable.

Tyreal said:
Probably a little bit. Bit what you are saying is just about what the xp-102 is.

The si-120 looks pretty good. But i would probably want the xp-120 since heatpip dependant heatsinks make me uncomfortable.

ditto

Back