• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATI Radeon X1800 graphics card expected to cost US$599

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Couger

Registered
The upcoming ATI R-series graphics cards are expected to hit the market in October, with the R520, RV530, and RV515 expected to come out in early, mid and late October, respectively, according to unspecified graphics card makers. The R520 flagship graphics cards will be renamed as the Radeon X1800 series, with an initial price tag of US$599, said the makers.

ATI’s RV530 graphics cards, renamed as the Radeon X1600 series, will target the middle-range market, the makers indicated, noting that the RV515 for the entry-level segment will be recognized as the Radeon X1300. Prices for the two graphics card series were still unavailable.

According to a September 8 Inquirer article, prices for the RV530 would be around US$199, whereas the RV515 would be priced at around US$99.

atichart.jpg

Source?

It gives the expected release date, but I wonder if that'll be a paper launch, or just some Inquirer BS.

No X1800PRO?
Interesting...

Oh, and glad to see they're using 90nm process...;)

how good are these cards compared to the current X cards? how can the x1300 be $100? i dont see the X800 going below $100 before oct

drunkn.bear said:
how good are these cards compared to the current X cards? how can the x1300 be $100? i dont see the X800 going below $100 before oct
X1300s will be the low end market of the new revisions. Like the X300s are the low end market of the current revisions.
An X800 will probably be a faster video card than a X1300.

ati's marketing drives me crazy........why would they even release "new" slower cards...i think its the most retarded thing on earth...why even waste making the box or the time it takes to add it to the products list on a retail website, when there are older cards that still perform better....i guess the new architecture makes the cards more reasonable to purchase if you dont' wanna shell out for the high end stuff..oh well im just blabbing

Back