• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X1800 LE, Pro, XL, XT, Maxed out at 16 pipes, no 32 pipes today.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

darksparkz

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2532

Duno if this has been posted, because the article was made on the 13th.

ATI R520 Roadmap and Pricing
Card Pipes Std Core Clock Std Memory MSRP
X1800 XT 16 600MHz 700MHz 512MB GDDR3 $599
X1800 XL 16 550MHz 625MHz 512MB GDDR3 $499
X1800 Pro 16 500MHz 500MHz 256MB GDDR3 $449
X1800 LE 12 450MHz 450MHZ 256MB GDDR3 $349

Rumors about 32 pipes, guess it's not going to happen.

The big difference I see from the 7800s is that the X1800 XT and XL have 512MB of ram, that's pretty good since nVIDIA has only released 512MB for their 6800GT Ultra models.

But it looks as if the X1800 Pro and XL is a little too close in price, most will probably opt for the XL, and maybe get the LE as an alternative to the 7800GT, but it only has 12 pipelines.

personally I see the x850xt as being the better deal. Itll probably be $300 by then and be very close to an r520 in performance for $200+ cheaper

OC550, theyre not going to release a card that is the same speed as the past generation... if you think that... i want what your on... give ati some respect people... theyve never done anything too stupid...

agreed, if ati wants to compete with nvidia at the high end and justify a $600 price tag, the x1800xt WILL be better than a 7800 gtx.

a company would never release a more expensive product that performs worse than a (much) cheaper, competitors product.

now if ati releases their flagship at below 7800 gtx prices..then thats a whole different story...

ATI would not release a card that was not at least close to the GTX. If This X1800 XT is going to do that, ATI must have a VERY efficient architecture for us. Bring on the benches!

but by the time that ati brings out their r520 that was supposed to be the 7800gtx killer (surprise surprise, its not) and that was pushed back and now the r580 is supposed to be the killer, what do you think nvidia are doing? they arent going to sit on their arses and go "hmm, well, ati doesnt have a better card at the moment. ill just wait until they have a card that owns ours and then we will work on something better lolOloloLoL~"..

Then again, much can be said for anything when it comes to competition.. companies make mistakes everynow and then and pay for them..i guess its just ati's turn to hand over the crown,

just my $0.02

Careface*

but we dont know that it is or it isnt!
everything we know is speculation!
lets have some faith in ati people... theyve never pulled a FX5800 :p

Zulu-1 said:
but we dont know that it is or it isnt!
everything we know is speculation!
lets have some faith in ati people... theyve never pulled a FX5800 :p

Look at those specs. I don't see how they are any better than what ATI already has. The 7800GTX is a MAJOR improvement over anything else available. This has no way of being like that. I don't think that having faith is going to help anybody here. The X1800 series looks like a total joke by looking at the specs. I'm not saying that it is not any better than the x850xt pe, but that it is just not by much at all. What makes ATI so infallible? Anyway, Nvidia is incorporated in my home state, which I thought was wierd when I found out yesterday.

doh boy said:
agreed, if ati wants to compete with nvidia at the high end and justify a $600 price tag, the x1800xt WILL be better than a 7800 gtx.

a company would never release a more expensive product that performs worse than a (much) cheaper, competitors product.

Umm. Like that has never happened before in the computer industry? Look at AMD and Intel. ALso remember the 5800U brought out to combat the 9700?

Last edited:
You can tell BS from those specs. If that was all that was available on a site I was ordering from I would never use that site. Untill the FULL specs are out and we have bechies then saying that the cards are obvously no better than current cards is a very strange statement to make.

ATi are simply not going to bring out a crap card. They know exactly what they are up against and there will be at least some improvement otherwise theyd scrap it all toghter because their customers would lose faith in them (although thatshappened already). The r580 has supposedly good yields at 32 pipe and isn't too far behind. Hopefully r520 will die quickly when r80 comes and we can forget the whole thing.

silvervalkyrie said:
Have a look at this (not quite as bad as everyone has thought the 1800s would be). Think of it...if ATi's 16 pipeline can run nearly neck and neck with a 24 pipeline 7800GTX then the 24 or 32 pie r580s will slaughter the g71.

http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/article/1813/
The problem in that article however is the X1800XT, which costs $150 more than a 7800GTX, is comparable more to a 7800GT in terms of performance.
If the information in that article is true, ATI had better think fast.

Umm. Like that has never happened before in the computer industry? Look at AMD and Intel. ALso remember the 5800U brought out to combat the 9700?

but notice how in both cases, the company that released the "worse" product was the (much) larger company. when ur huge like intel and nvidia, releasing a slower but more $$$ product is not as much of an issue. They'll just advertise more :p

but look what happens when the general population actually doesnt fall for such advertisement. the company gets burned (nvidia + 5800u)

youll never see the underdog company releasing a slower product thats more expensive than the competition. thats called suicide.

edit: as for those recently released reviews, i have a hard time believing the review is legit:
about the review...

Last edited:
Hey..I just thought of an idea.

Maybe the X1800s were made to perform UNDER 7800GTXs, but once you use them in Crossfire, they'll probably easily outperform two 7800GTXs in SLI...I duno just a theory, it sounds good, but expensive and it'll appeal to much higher ethusiasts.

Back