• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ahh whats wrong?!?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jack222

My lappy stopped working all of a sudden. It would turn on and i would see the power light come on. The thing is the HDD light does not come on during bootup. Alll it does is hang on startup. I only see a black screen and only the power light comes on. I first thought it was the HDD, i switched HDD between the same model laptop and still no go. Got new ram....no go. CPU gets hot so i know that is working. Screen is connected.

I am guessing it is the mobo. What do you think?

:confused: :bang head :attn: :attn: :attn: :attn:

With my laptop there was this little button that gets pushed down when you shut the laptop that turns off the screen. This button got stuck (internally) and I had the exact same problem that you are having. If you can find the little button I'm talking about, if it looks like its stuck in then there's your problem. If it isn't stuck in (which mine wasn't) try pushing it down quickly several times in case the internal portion is stuck.

Ill try that. One question though, why wouldnt the HDD light be flashing like it is loading the OS?

I don't have any idea. All I know is that when I turned on the laptop all the comes on is the power light but nothing else happens.

Back