• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pentium 200mmx. i'll try anything!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cjc_75

I have an old 200 mmx. I can't figure out how to get into the BIOS. Is the configure\setup screen what i'm looking for?? I did'nt see any thing about cpu voltages etc.

This is my first attempt at this so i'm starting small, but i have nothing to lose

thanks!

Chances are with a motherboard of that age, the voltages, fsb, and multiplier settings are going to be jumpers on the motherboard and wont be located in the bios.

I have one of tehese chip's oc to 266Mhz easy and old way to overclock non-bios settings just GlodFingers ... you probably will find soem dip switckes or jumpers near to you cpu socket or pci/isa slots ( we talking abou intel P200Mhz MMx socket 7 cpu) all the possible overclocking settings should be printed in the board you should see a thable printed there like this one:

Mutiplier dip switche:
SW1 4 5 6
1.5/3.5x off off off
2x on off off
2.5x on on off
3x off on off

FSB dip switche:
SW1 1 2 3
60Mhz off on on
66Mhz on off on

V.core dip switche:
SW2 1 2 3 4
3.5v Like the other
3.3v ones just change on
3.2v or off the settings
2.9v follow the table printed
2.8v on your board!!!!

if you got jumpers it will be something like:
JP15
1-2 60Mhz FSB
2-3 66Mhz FSB

JP14
1-2 2.5x Multiplier
2-3 3.0x Multiplier

It won't rhe same has this one but try to find something like this in your board...
Hope it helps...GoOd LuCk!!!!!

thanks. i found labels with the switch numbers and what they are. can you explain how to "switch" them and what they look like.
as you probably realized im new at this!!

Back