• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Card. Cant Decide

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wa77ss

I am looking to buy a new graphics card. I have around 500 bucks. But to be honest, I really dont want to spend all that on a graphics card. So I am hoping for a good deal around 2-3 hundred. I have been lookin around newegg and zipzoomfly for the past couple weeks. I orginally wanted an x850xt but cant find it for a decent price, (my friend told me they used to be around 250) but I havent seen one for under 350. So I guess I will resort to either x800 or maybe a nvidia 6800gt. Any thoughts would be great.

It would be a PCIE card. Do you think 256MB card would be much improvement than say to a 128? Right now I have a Nvidia 6200 Turbo Cache with 64MB. Kinda sucks. But thanks for the input, I prolly will end up gettin a 6800gt. Looks like a good card.

I would stick with a 256mb card if it was my choice. I just saw a Sapphire x850 XT 256mb card for $333 if you want an ATI card or a 7800 GT for $379 if you don't mind nVidia. Decisions decisions.. I am in your same boat. :)

The x850 might not be worth it. I get about the same scores as x800XLs with mine and it doesn't OC that well, nor does the x800XL for that matter.

Anyway, if you are looking for ATI, go with the X800XL. Full 16 pipes, very decent card for the money. And if you want to go full out, the X800 XT.

WaTTz said:
It would be a PCIE card. Do you think 256MB card would be much improvement than say to a 128? Right now I have a Nvidia 6200 Turbo Cache with 64MB. Kinda sucks. But thanks for the input, I prolly will end up gettin a 6800gt. Looks like a good card.
you will need 256 MB onboard if you're going to use high resolutions or Anizo / AA / both :)

Both the X800XL and the X850PRO cost about the same ($250). At stock they both perform similarly, but the X850PRO should be able to OC like a mofo, as opposed to X800XL's usually weak OCs.

Back