• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

would you buy this labtop for $400can brand new?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

amdfreak04

Ibm notebook t23 p3 @ 1.2ghz
256mb ram
40gb hdrive
floppy- not sure
dvd rom drive
14.1tft
leather case
no wireless
built in nic
sound obviously
win 2000
i think its approx 2 hours batery life if
not more

i could not find it on the ibm website sorry

Last edited:
Xtreme Barton said:
IBM ThinkPad T23

i personally think its to high for my taste... not a bad little notebook but i think you could get better for the money ...

any suggestions where could get a better one ?

is there anychance in hell of being able to overclock.. i saw some guy on a forum o/c his dell inspiration 9700 from 1.7 to 2.26ghz what crazy for a labtop!!1

it all depends i guess on your taste... but the pIII, 256mb sdram, 40gb HD does not appeal to me...

i would much rather piece one together myself :D

and maybe it did fall off a truck .. but that would add to my list of not appealing !!

Xtreme Barton said:
it all depends i guess on your taste... but the pIII, 256mb sdram, 40gb HD does not appeal to me...

i would much rather piece one together myself :D

and maybe it did fall off a truck .. but that would add to my list of not appealing !!

k well then maybe forget it... any suggestions where to get one thou for cheap ?

what do you plan to do with this laptop ?? or is it just bragging rights ?

i just converted canadian to us currency .. $400 can. = $342.14 us

laptops are one of the last things to steal, and on the other hand very tempting.
small, expenive, and just plain awesome to have..but your screwed if you get cought with it.
around here, a laptop is attention grabbing. this one is the only asus laptop ive ever seen. if it were stolen, i would recognise it immidiately in use, and i have both the wired and wireless MAC address's written down. (only useful if the person was stupid enough to keep it and use it on the school network)

i would personally beat anyone stupid enough to steal my laptop to the point of lifeloing ingury, and anyone stupid enough to buy it stolen senseless.

i dont really have a point, but dont buy a stolen laptop...unless its a super awesome deal.

Como said:
laptops are one of the last things to steal, and on the other hand very tempting.
small, expenive, and just plain awesome to have..but your screwed if you get cought with it.
around here, a laptop is attention grabbing. this one is the only asus laptop ive ever seen. if it were stolen, i would recognise it immidiately in use, and i have both the wired and wireless MAC address's written down. (only useful if the person was stupid enough to keep it and use it on the school network)

i would personally beat anyone stupid enough to steal my laptop to the point of lifeloing ingury, and anyone stupid enough to buy it stolen senseless.

i dont really have a point, but dont buy a stolen laptop...unless its a super awesome deal.

OMG ... look at what you just typed.... :bang head

Well, since I'm the (self acclaimed) IBM T series expert, let me put my oar in here;

That much for a NEW T23 is a great price! Just as long as it is legal!

It is older, but it is also bulletproof!

As far as overclocking, forget it. They don't!

You have the 1.2, and I think that is as high as they go. (I just today got my first T23, I have had numerous T20-22s.) The memory is upgradable to 2, 512 sticks, so you can get 1 gig of memory.

steve

Como said:

Give me a break I'd pawn it on eBay so fast. And besides, theres a reason why insruance companies will insure, Desktops, Jewlrey, cameras, anything you can think of but not a notebook. Hmm how strange.

I have a t23 and i love it it runs at 1.2, and 256 megs of ram perfect for light laptop usage, there is no point in overclocking though

For $400 you can get a much better laptop (as in P4-M, 512MB-1GB RAM, 15", dvd/cdrw, 80gb) on eBay.

Back