• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cm 810 stacker arrived

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
madhatR said:
mr.government

did u just use the clips to hold ur cdroms and stuff .. cuz it looks like im gonna have to screw it in .. since these clamps dont seem to hold it ...

also on the 4in3 device for hds .. with the 120 on it .. did u take off those vented metal fronts ?? or did u leave them on ??

thanks

didnt see this before :)

my rails held my cdrom very tight and snug when i had it,.

as fort the 4-1 in took off the metal fan guard, i dont think that restrict' airflow at all

what i did do was took out the filters on the front covers, they get dusty and then block air flow, so for me was easier to just blow out my case every 2 weeks or so.

Mr.Guvernment said:
didnt see this before :)

my rails held my cdrom very tight and snug when i had it,.

as fort the 4-1 in took off the metal fan guard, i dont think that restrict' airflow at all

what i did do was took out the filters on the front covers, they get dusty and then block air flow, so for me was easier to just blow out my case every 2 weeks or so.

well i just put that sound deadening material on the bottom of the case and one of the side panels .. ran out .. need to get some more ..

i still have to take off all those dust filters and the metal filters on the 4in3 hd bays .. the rails hold the 4in3 ones fine .. i had to screw in the cdrom though ..

problems is cable management .. i will post a pic up today of it .. looks like crap though ..

im going to compusa later today and getting some mad dog 100cfm 30db fans to replace the crappy coolermaster ones that flow 11cfm LOL

i also would like to cut out a larger 120 up top instead of the ****ty 60 or wutever is up top .. but havent found a 4.5 inch hole saw .. a dremel could do it but it would take like 50 cutting wheels ..

one more thing .. you DID or DIDN'T take off the metal plates in the front of the 4in3 hd cages ?? your post was kinda confusing :shrug:

another question .. about the power led jumpers .. my motherboard has 3 pins for the power led .. my lian li cases had a 3 pin jumper .. but this stacker only has a 2 pin jumper .. and i cant seem to get the led to work .. any ideas ?

are the jumper like in 1 pin together? if anything just split it. - maker sure is not the H or MED LED cable though.

3 pins on the motherboard for power led ..

the jumpers are 2 seperate single ones

My power led and hard drive led don't function either. I really don't care though. What color are the leds anyway?

Current only flows one way through a diode so you probably just need to switch polarity.

A dremmel cuts using mini cutting discs? Like the same type as a metal chop saw uses? Because i saw this little kit with like 4 discs and a bunch of other little attachments at cosco for like $40 i think. So is that a dremel? I didnt think it was for some reason, but if thats what you guys are using then im gonna run up there and grab one, lol.

madhatR said:
3 pins on the motherboard for power led ..

the jumpers are 2 seperate single ones

yeah so just put one on each pin on the mobo - u only need 2 pins for the power LED not 3. :) mine worked.

Jacobman said:
A dremmel cuts using mini cutting discs? Like the same type as a metal chop saw uses? Because i saw this little kit with like 4 discs and a bunch of other little attachments at cosco for like $40 i think. So is that a dremel? I didnt think it was for some reason, but if thats what you guys are using then im gonna run up there and grab one, lol.

yes that is a dremel

Back