• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just recived my x2-3800

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

spydeymon

Ok i just got this from dangeo.com. first off it was sent ups th box was crushed.
second this chip is retail but it look likes its been used there are scarches and looks like thermal grease was left on it ? what do i do ?
im gonna slap it in and see if it clocks good i guess ill keep it but if its sucks i have a right to complain?
stepping is this

ada3800daa5bv
cdbhe 0532rpmw
1301419h50129

ya i caled them and they will rma it but they say they have t send it to thier supplier and they have to test it then they can send me so he says its better if i rma threw amd
like wtf no matter what im screwed i wont have a pc for another 2 weeks
dont ever buy anything from dangeo.com

under the consumer right here in NZ you have the right to get a full refund because they sold the CPU to your as new, and the CPU is not new.
I would go into thier ofice and ask to talk to the manager and raise hell, that is not on from a retailer wether they are an retail store or Online

leeashton said:
under the consumer right here in NZ you have the right to get a full refund because they sold the CPU to your as new, and the CPU is not new.
I would go into thier ofice and ask to talk to the manager and raise hell, that is not on from a retailer wether they are an retail store or Online
yep!

well after bitching they said they would refund me
and if they dont i called my cccompany that iused to buy it and told them what happend they said if they dont refund me within a weeks timethey would
gett my money back for me
so i went out just before and got one at a local store
this ones a cdbhe 0531tpmw

good luck with the new chip, hope you get your money back quickly

I had the same problem once a couple years ago

bought some outrageously expensive ram, it wasnt what it was advertised as, I returned it for refund and notified cc....I never got refunded, and the place I bought it from had their story believed more by the cc than me....total bs and all I HAD WAS A FEDEX SLIP AND CC BILL TO PROVE MY CASE...WHICH DIDNT HOLD ANY WATER.....

wooopsie, rant over....good luck with the new chip :santa:

Well i have to apologize now i got an rma sent it out. I was soo frustrated i went and got another x2 at a local store its doing the same thing exact same thing so that last chip might have been fine :(
so i might be selling one soon if i get screwd with both of them
now what to do ive tried changing the bios nothing still does the same thing
im gonna cry soon i dont know what to do

If that motherboard on your sig is what you're using then that is the one that has a problem. MSI K8N Neo 2 Platinum does not support X2's and there will be no BIOS updates to support it.

thats what im gonna do
im gonna tell them to send me a dfi with a pci-e card tomorrow

Edit* the thing is ive seen ppl with this board and x2's on the foram there are some floating around.

Well i figured out what it is 1 of the sata ports on this ****y board doesnt like the x2 so no more raid :( this board is just buggy i hate it. Im gonna look into getting a dfi soon but i need a pci-e which will kill my budget
Another thing i reinstalled windows but it will only boot if i set bootup first cdrom and have the windows cd in ? wth is that about ?

spydeymon said:
ya i caled them and they will rma it but they say they have t send it to thier supplier and they have to test it then they can send me so he says its better if i rma threw amd
like wtf no matter what im screwed i wont have a pc for another 2 weeks
dont ever buy anything from dangeo.com

RMA with AMD, they are fast when it comes to shipping it back to you.

*whistles and points at his motherboard*
1.9 bios and later supports it just fine.
Dont use sata ports 1 and 2, they are crap and have no lock.

Back