• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project Idea

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BaconTheory

I would like some comments/criticism on the idea for a case mod that I would like to do. I did a sketch of what I would like to do in my History class today, so bear with me. Take a look:

casemodbeta7zv.jpg

Materials:

Medium Density Fiberboard
Alluminum (Tentative)
Automotive Paint Primer
Automotive Paint
Mesh Netting
Lexan/Acrylic/Plexiglass

If I think of anything else that I need, I'll update it. Also, if you notice the labels on my drawing, I want to move the ethernet port so it is in the location in my sketch. Is this possible to do if I could somehow relocate a network card? All of that being said, what do you guys think?

Sorry to say but this has been done many times before. Its a good idea though.

Simply curious, do you really need a wired ethernet port? If you don't want to use Wireless, and want to position the ethernet port in a different area, I'd personally either use a usb->ethernet adapter, or you could make a straight (568B) patch cable with a RJ45 jack on one end, and feed that back into the case and terminate it in a keystone type jack. Just an idea. Good luck on the build.

Back