• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

any better case than this for sub $100?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That seems like a pretty nice case. I have never dealt with an aerocool case but nothing looks wrong with it. What do you plan on doing with it? Is it going to be air cooled or water cooled?

eXCeSS said:
Another Good review of the Masstige HERE :)

In order to recommend a better case, we need to know your needs and wants! There are A LOT of cases out there (as you can see) and not all are good cases for every situation (as you can imagine). Ultimately though, just remember that it's gonna be you that has to decide which to get.

Just got my Masstige in the mail.

Early thoughts....

1. Solid case. Structurally this feels as strong as my Antec Soho or Chenming 602 cases. Be warned however. Its not a light case so if you plan on going to lan parties with it make sure to get your daily intake of carbs ;)

2. The 'tool-free' drive mounting looks pretty good so far. With the exception of mounting 3-1/2" drives in the 5-1/4" bays (which requires screws) it looks like a quick setup.

3. Power Supply. Ups and downs here. The up side being the power supply pulls its air in from below the case. It doesnt use the warm air inside the case to keep the power supply cool. The downside being I have a feeling when my OCZ PS 520 comes it it just might need some work with a dremel to fit. I am unsure but looking at the space provided at the bottom of the case I think it might.

4. Watercooling. This is gonna be a great watercooling case. I have a CoolBay for my drives so I will probably mount my pump on top of the brackets meant for the harddrives. My radiator should fit up front nicely with little or no modification so its looking pretty sweet.

5. Noise. With the bay covers being basically a mesh as well as the cutouts/punchouts in the sides I wouldnt count on the case itself being good at muffling sound.

All in all its looking like a great case. I think wire management should be a snap from what I can tell so far as well as getting my WCing components easily seated inside. The really really nice part is with the reversed (motherboard reversed from normal and mounted at the top of the case) it leaves loads of space for my pump, an internal reservoir, etc. It will be a few days till I get started on putting my system together but I plan on keeping a log and getting it posted.

Back