• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Off gaming days

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

austinbmxnig

Some days you just suck, your fingers feel big and fat, you just know anybody you see will shoot you in the head for sure, and you constantly get destroyed

Any tips for pulling yourself out of the gaming slump? Where you don't feel immersed and you just get destroyed.

1. Posture - Are you comfortable? Is your elbow resting on something that might restrict movement? Pillow behind spine? Feet planted firmly into ground? Back straight?

2. Breathing - A fresh breath of air never hurts, games are after all, a battle of brains and these things run best on oxygen (and other things)

3. Distractions - Mom trying to tell you about a funny show she saw on tv? Cell phone ringing? All these can really take away from the gaming experiance and should be ELIMINATED at all cost!

4. Warm-ups - Play a few rounds of CS:S to get your brain chugging and joints limbered up

I bet we could get a pretty good list of things going, I KNOW you guys have some

Well, sometimes, i get bad days in gaming, sometimes bad days in playin guitar, same thing. Can't fix it. Ever.

I see these happen even during a gaming session. Might be people coming and going but I can go from competing for first place during a few rounds and then bringing up the bottom of the barrel for awhile. This is especially true with UT2004 as some times I would just dominate and then next round feel like I was getting anhialated by a team of aim bots. I'd either play through the slump, join a different server, or take a break. Someday I just totally suck also, that's when I go and do my homework.

redbull! and lots of it

i have those days - it is like ia m in slow motion, drink a few redbulls and i am wired and #1 all night!

I find its often a confidence problem with me.

If I think I suck, I suck.

So, I go pwn some n00bs, then come back feeling good, and hand the pro's their asses.

I quit playing UT2004 for 3 weeks (due to my system being down) and I feared the worst, I had lost all my aim. But, I started playing 2 hours and my aim immediatly snapped on, if not better. So, maybe take a 2 or 3 day break from that game, warmup and see how it goes ...

I do agree with 9mm, when I think im going to bad in a 1v1 for UT2004, I probably will. When I think im ownage and my aims on, it really is ... I start hitting these ownage shots that I wouldn't have made before ... :). So basically, take a break for a few days.

if i cant get my game goin, i take a break. Maybe grab a snack and somethin to drink, grab a smoke and try it again. i wont be gaming for atleast another week, until i get my vid card back :\ i'll try some suggestions if i have problems.

Get some sleep, have a snack, drink some water. Don't smoke.

Usually, I am number one by a very large margin in nearly every game I play, but today for instance, I was doing very poorly. Coming in 2nd and 3rd on Battlefield 2 ranked servers. But, I also got only 3 hours of sleep last night. Lay off the caffeine after dinner, and sleep.

When I am having an off moment I play through it... eventually I get really ****ed off about how horribly im playing... take a 5 min break and then come back and own some ppl.

It works for me. I was playing aweful in bf2 (2 kills 8 deaths)... got ****ed off... took a break then join another server and finished the game with a score of 80 with 30 kills and 5 deaths :)... yet I still didn't get the damn armor ribbon because I wasn't in the tank long enough :(

Well. I just had one of these slumps a few mintues ago. FElt like all the guys were hackin fools.

Anyways. I just listen to some music, or relax and whe ni mback on, i pwn all n0000bs.

A good thing to do if your serious about what you do is to drink a bawls/redbull before a lan party so that you can go and blast pros for hours on end. I do that everyime i go to a small lan or party.

Off days LOL, you guys serious? The only days im "off" is days I dont play. Some question their ability, some believe in it. Which one are you?

Ive got a PERFECT example right here: I just played my clanmate who is extremely good (Plays smart / has insane aim). I had 22% Shock rifle (hit accuracy) and 25% Lightning gun .. (Which IMO is bad) I took a 2 hour break and now im shooting 46% shock / 52% lightning, case closed ;).

OcX said:
Off days LOL, you guys serious? The only days im "off" is days I dont play. Some question their ability, some believe in it. Which one are you?

Seriously, I mean sure you may play on a server with a lot of good people and start getting pwned a bit...But there are never days where no matter what I can't do well :shrug:

For counterstrike, I usually go in a deathmatch server to warm up with a deagle. to me if you can do semi-decent with a deagle against hacking awp/ak/m4'ers, you're pretty much set.

I think for me it's a motivation thing. If I'm into the game, and really feel like playing, then I play well. When I'm just playing because I have nothing else to do, or it sounds like a better idea than cleaning up the house, then I usually suck cause I'm just not paying attention and my reflexes aren't as sharp. Then I usually get ****ed off and start playing worse.

I used to be pretty bad at most any online game with flashes of brillance. I noticed I was doing stuff like flipping out and R-rated screaming when I died and such. Now I don't get as worked up and remember its just a game and I've done much better.

Back