• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hl2 crashes when loading program, xpsp1, dualie

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pwnt by pat

I can load steam fine. I can browse servers fine. Whenever I try and play a game, I get this error in the event log:

The application, c:\program files\steam\steamapps\pwntbypat\counter-strike source\hl2.exe, generated an application error The error occurred on 09/24/2005 @ 01:08:16.593 The exception generated was c0000005 at address 00000000 (<nosymbols>)

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

I did a fresh install of windows, drivers, winrar, codec pack. I am running XP SP1 and this is the rig in my sig. Everything else works fine except hl2 and I can't figure it out...

Last night I tried:
1) setting ram timings from 2-2-2-5 to "auto" (2-2-2-6)
2) try each individual stick

I found some steam help stuff which I'll try.

A reformat and reinstall of drivers was what it took. I guess I didn't put directx in before the video drivers and that's what screwed it up.

Back