• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

x800 pRO 3d03 AND 05 SCORES

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cisco Kid

X800 pRO 3d03 AND 05 SCORES , WOW getting over 6K in 05

Stock ATI x800 Pro VIVO, hardlocked card and not overclocked. All default settings following driver installation. I am wondering if these scores are where they should be. X2 3800@ 2.2 with 1gb PC3700EB and video card at default settings

3D03 = 11319 card stock
3D03 = 12393 @ 520/550
3D05 = need to run at default
3D05 = 6266 @ 522/552

Last edited:
I am seeing some great performance from this X800 12 piped pro, looking to see what others getting. What are X800XT PE cards getting??

HousERaT said:
I'm over 7000 points with my X800XTPE in 05 and over 14000 in 03

Thats nice but look at the difference in your cpu overclock. You have your cpu at 2.6 vs 2.2 for me plus the extra 4 pipes should net you a higher score. I am just impressed at what this 12 piped Pro is able to do.

But I am strongly wondering if this may actually be unlocked now. I had tried using the unlcok procedure in the sticky but after I did the flash and verified the pipes they still showed as 12. However right now I just checked via ATI tray tool that is loaded with the Omega 5.8's and it shows 16.

Earlier when I did the flash and it did not appear to have worked I reverted back to my original bios, for some reason now it appears that the unlock worked and I flashed the 16 pipes back to the original Pro bios so I am gonna give a whirl and flash to the X800XT PE bios in the sticky. Right now the card is identified as a X800 Pro but this is what shows in suystem information
"Hardware Information
Installed memory 256 Mb
Memory Type GDDR3
Memory Width 256 bit
Active Rendering Pipelines 16"

Cisco Kid, thos scores look on par. These 12 pipe Pros hold their own. My scores are about the same, maybe a couple hundred points higher. I'm in class now but when I get home I will def post screenies. I want to say OCed I'm at around 12300-12600 in 03. I cannot wait untill CrossFire comes out. For 300 bucks for an X800 mastercard, it's a steal for an 80%+ performance gain graphics wise.

v8.03 I just did a clean install on the drivers just to make sure, and then I ran 05 again, and got a 4664. All I've done is turned all the settings to high performance, and then upped the core and memory in Atitool. Are there any other settings that I should automatically turn on/off or adjust? Tonight is really the first time I've ever tried overclocking my video card.

RangerXLT8 said:
Cisco Kid, thos scores look on par. These 12 pipe Pros hold their own. My scores are about the same, maybe a couple hundred points higher. I'm in class now but when I get home I will def post screenies. I want to say OCed I'm at around 12300-12600 in 03. I cannot wait untill CrossFire comes out. For 300 bucks for an X800 mastercard, it's a steal for an 80%+ performance gain graphics wise.

\Tell me a little about crossfire as I have read nothing about it cause I know it will just cost me money. Do I just need a new mobo and a lesser video card paired to the X800 Pro to have ATI';s version of SLI basically? If so what is a good match to the X800 Pro VIVO I have that I have concluded actually is running 16 pipes.

I can load an X800XT PE bios but there are some issues, appears the stock clocks of the PE card at 525/575 are too high for this card, henace reason it was sold as a Pro. But with the x8pro16.bin bios on it I can run 530/560 solid as a rock. At stock speeds I just got a 12532 just now in 03

What is ideal AGP aperature size in the bios?? 128 or 256? I have even seen some people recommend 64, I am currently at 256 and all settings in the driver are at balanced not performance.

Sentential said:
Cisco its probly a factor of the RAM. Try upping the core to balance things out.

Running card at 538/550 in ATI Tray Tool, Wondering about the agp aperature as I lowered it from 256 in bios to 128. Curently running the x8pro16.bin bios over the x800xt PE bios as I think the timings of that bios are causeing some issues along with the higher clocks.

I will see where I top out with this bios then try the X800XT PE bios and run same clocks to see if the tighter timings on that bios have any effect with everything else the same

Been ages since I ran my tests on my card. But it holds its own I swear it was low-mid 6,000's but could be mistaken.

Mines running off the XTPE bios but tried reflashing to my original bios. Its 16-pipes but reconized as a Pro, and it wasn't the modified 16pipe Pro Bios. I can run whats stated in my sig. Stock cooling and all, it ramps up to speeds below in 3D and runs cool at 475/475 when no 3D Programs are running. I average around 60-76C in games depending which one (it runs around 1-2C cooler if I run it at Pro speeds in games).

If you got a really low score, it could be a power issue. I got those scores starting off til I reworked the way everything that was getting powered in the case. Mine was 2 fans, a harddrive and a dvd drive that was slowing it down, moved them over to a different line shortend some cables got rid of the DVD drive and it all worked like a charm.

Back