• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats the best AMD64 chip for a laptop?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rattle

I recently ordered a laptop from HP.
AMD64 3500 newcastle core is what I ended up with.
2X512 ram that wasnt dual channel and ran in 2T.
Not knowing alot about laptops I called and asked them if I would recieve a core with SSE3 and that would run in dual channel and 1T....

Needless to say I sent it back for a full refund.

It had a ATI Xpress 200m chipset.

Whats the best place to get a lappy with a nvidia chipset with 6800go gfx and is the turion the better chip to get ?

Do the notebooks not support dual channel and 1T ?

Any info would be great, i'm a notebook retard.

Rattle said:
I recently ordered a laptop from HP.
AMD64 3500 newcastle core is what I ended up with.
2X512 ram that wasnt dual channel and ran in 2T.
Not knowing alot about laptops I called and asked them if I would recieve a core with SSE3 and that would run in dual channel and 1T....

Needless to say I sent it back for a full refund.

It had a ATI Xpress 200m chipset.

Whats the best place to get a lappy with a nvidia chipset with 6800go gfx and is the turion the better chip to get ?

Do the notebooks not support dual channel and 1T ?

Any info would be great, i'm a notebook retard.

Laptops suck for gamers when compared to desktops, infact it may even be in your beneifite to by the cheapest crap lap laptop you can for while your own the raod and have a desktop for game use. However the I9300 from dell works out pretty well. A64 and P4 chips arn't any faster tahn the turion or the P-m and they drain power, even if you a desk replacment you want a little bat life.

Anyways I'd say go I9300 true its not a64.

Also checky out Cyberpowerpccyberpowerpc.com for a64 books at good prices.

yes you are right about laptops, its actually for my girlfriend and I'm trying to get her something that is at least comparable to a decent high end desktop.

If it was me i wouldnt take one for free lmao.

Anyway all you guys with high end lappys give me a holler I wanna hear from people with laptops and what you think of the ones you have.

Sorry to hear that the laptops that you guys have had sucky laptops, my 3.6GHz Pentium 4 with 6800 is no slouch.

The best laptop processors are the FX-57 and the 4800+

I've not heard of laptops with Fx processors... when did this happen? sorry I don't really follow amd much...

anyways I love my laptop (SEE SIG)!!! and would never replace it with anything... I was going to sell it after modding it... but i love it too much... I'm gonna keep it forever... I have a link to some pics of my lappy too...

I would reccomend Pentium-m or turion... there's no point in getting anything else... 4500 05 3d marks is plenty to satasify my taste at least untill dell releases the 7800 gt go ... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I can't wait to get my hands on that baby.... I can't beleive that I can actually upgrade my graphics card in my lappy it's too good to be true!!!! THE AGE IS UPON US WHEN GAMING LAPTOPS ARE Becoming more and more powerful and gaining on desktops quickly...

guys post links to your products please, i'm considering dell at the moment.

I would really like a AMD/nvidia combo tho...

Back