• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

If you had to choose : Abit AN8-SLI or ASUS A8N-SLI Premium ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ScarfaceFX

im trying to decide which of these board to keep ,they both are really good boards.the Abit has more ocing features,the ASUS dosnt,the Abit dosnt seam to like my Ballistix ram on 1T ,and Asus dosnt seam to let my HTT go over 260.im at a loss on which to keep ,i need opinions please .thanx

Sounds like the Abit is doing better. You can't go wrong with either, but pick whichever one seems the most stable, is faster, or overclocks better.

yea its kinda hard ,i mean i wont loose anything by selling off one or the other ,but its which one overclocks better i guess. although i can send my asus back to where it came from and get my money back,with the abit i cant.

I'd stick with Abit. Try to get them to do an exchange for you saying something is wrong with it or something.

The Abit one tends to perform better then the ASUS one in gaming performance and all that. Plus the ABit would OC higher then the ASUS ones.

i have both boards here at my house ,i guess im going to toss away the ballistix .anyone know of a good 2gb dual channel kit ? thanx i guess im keeping the abit

I thought the Ballistix was one of the best 2GB OCing ram, because it runs pretty well on the DFI boards.

But another 2x1GB set I'd recommend would be the OCZ Platinum, good price for good performance. But most haven't gotten to high speeds with it though.

Back