• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The best Mouse and Keyboard for gaming....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Devilvamp

Disabled
What is the Best Keyboard and mouse for Gaming I have heard there is allot of crap out there and I want best. :shrug:

New logitech Gsomething keyboard. Has an lcd screen on it and back lit keys.

Logitech G5 or G7 if you like wireless. comes out to about 250 dollars canadian.

The G7 mouse is the best mouse on the market, or an MX1000 if you like the design better. Best keyboard is tougher, Saitek Eclipse is nice.

best mouse, I would go with the G-series from logitech, the keyboard is more up to the user imho. I prefer my ergonomic microsoft natural over anything because I got used to the split keyboard.

Me and shard use the Logitech Elite and the Logitech MX1000 w/fUnc 1030 pad. I think he'd agree with me when I say.....I've yet to play on a computer with more comfortable HIDs (Human Interface Devices). :D

anyone know anyplace that has the razer copperhead in stock ?? razer zone is out of stock

"Best" will depend on personal preference from what I've seen.
I'm weird in that I will always prefer ball mice on wood surfaces over optical mice on "precision surfaces".

Hehe Captain Slug. You're one of those peoeple that AMD Phreak and I will never fully understand the l33tness of. lol If you can game professionally with a ball mouse at low sensitivity like a neighbor does, then you have earned my respect! Wait......your mods have already do that for you. :D

Celeron_Phreak said:
Me and shard use the Logitech Elite and the Logitech MX1000 w/fUnc 1030 pad. I think he'd agree with me when I say.....I've yet to play on a computer with more comfortable HIDs (Human Interface Devices). :D

Amen brotha! My only quam, is that I now need a larger mousing surface. lol

G5 OVER the G7..... yep i said it... the G5 doesnt need to be charged, and if your a hardcore gamer, it would probably make you angry if you had to charge it for sooo long.... funny story(not too funny, but it IS a story) i play CS:Source, and my clan is in CAL... we were about to play a match, and all of a sudden, our clan leader said "oh s**t, my keyboard is f****n up!" he needed batteries for his keyboard AND mouse

FOR GAMING go cordless, and laser... i have a mx-518, but thats only because i bought it like 1 month before the G5 came out.... lol at me :bang head

Celeron_Phreak said:

Hmm... my MX1000's feet seem to be wearing out... time for teflons?

Yep yep! shard and me also both use MadDotz on our mice. :) I bought the $7 pack of 36 MadDotz. well worth the investment. I just got my MX1000 from Nero, which really is BARELY USED, and I'll be putting MadDotz on it to. :D

Celeron_Phreak said:
Hehe Captain Slug. You're one of those peoeple that AMD Phreak and I will never fully understand the l33tness of. lol If you can game professionally with a ball mouse at low sensitivity like a neighbor does, then you have earned my respect! Wait......your mods have already do that for you. :D
What I like most about ball mice is that when you need to pick them up to center them you don't have to lift as far as you would with an optical mouse because the ball can't "read" the motion unless it's touching. I also just prefer the tactile feel they give. Makes being precise easier for me atleast.

Celeron_Phreak said:
Yep yep! shard and me also both use MadDotz on our mice. :) I bought the $7 pack of 36 MadDotz. well worth the investment. I just got my MX1000 from Nero, which really is BARELY USED, and I'll be putting MadDotz on it to. :D

Do you know where I might be able to acquire some offline?

Hmm, not that I know of. I wouldn't be suprised if CompUSA started to sell a similar product some time in the future though. Although knowing CUSA, it'd be way over priced for what you get from them.

When I got my new pc I upgraded from a Logitech Cordless keyboard & mouse combo to a Saitek Eclipse and a Razer Copperhead. The keyboard is excellent and the mouse...? I can't say whether it's down to the increased precision or just the fact that it's a wired connection, but it's fast! Very accurate.

On the other hand, Razer provide the option of upgrading the firmware, but it's not easy. In fact, I've failed so far. The mouse has to be disconnected to do it which means you either have to install another mouse to do it, or, "navigate using the keyboard", as the blurb says. For some reason my pc fails to recognise the ordinary ball mouse I tried and I have no idea how to use the keyboard to "navigate".

Has anybody here updated their firmware successfully and would they be willing to talk me through how it's done?

Below is the Razer link to the instructions for this procedure.

http://www.razerzone.com/copperhead/help/firmware.htm

Thanks.

The Logitech Ultra X Keyboard

I'm a fan of less buttons on a mouse; I feel that I only need 3: the scroller, left click and right click. That said, the Microsoft IntelliMouse series is the best mouse for me; comfortable design and quick accuracy.

Back