• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thinking about getting this WCS " first time WC'er "

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Twiggz

This will be my first time doing this and from my research i've selected these.....

DDMaze4 CPU Block
Black Ice Micro II Radiator
Eheim 1048 Pump ( kinda wanted the pump to plug into the wall )
Dual Floppy Bay Reservoir
10' 1/2 Clearflex Hose

I did only get the CPU Block for right now just too clear out these fans i have about 8 case fans plan to add rest of the blocks later on ....
I am not wanting to spend much and selected these + all the other extra crap to go with it for under $180. Think i did an alright pickin ???

Also doesnt the radiator mount on the back of the case causeing you to remove all rear exhaust fans ????

This is a decent setup, but I would probably get a RBX/TDX or better yet a Swiftech 6002 block. As for the radiator, you will need (a) fan(s) to cool it so if you're going to mount it on the back of your case you will want to keep those fans there.

What kind of case do you have? if you have a 120mm fan, you will get better performance going with a BIX instead of the BI Micro II.

I would reconsider that BIM2 rad, a 120.1 rad will outperform it using the right fans. Only use the micro rads if you absolutely cannon fit a 120 rad anywhere.

Ditto on the block recommendation. As for the rad, a micro really won't cool much very well. You would be better off with a chevette heatercore or a dual heatercore or rad than that.

Well crap i placed my Order already but i can reorder a rad if i have too those dont seem steep but i did go for the TDX over maze4 so atleast i got the better block :)

Back