• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

We're a few months away, so what are your early nominations for GotY?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OC Noob

The title says it all and maybe we can get a poll going if we get some decent nominees.

This includes games from every platform including handhelds, mobile phones, arcade machines and any obsucre gaming device you can think of. It doesn't mean those platforms have anything worthy, but this isn't limited to just PC games.

Jade Empire

Not because I think it is the best game this year, but because its very good and didn't get the attention it deserved so it might not have been mentioned, but deserves to be atleast mentioned.

Well, I will toss out COD2 right now. Yes it isnt out yet, but from what I have seen, its going to be the heavy hitter for this year, that and FEAR.

For best multiplayer, I will easily say Battlefield 2. For the pure outstanding cabablities for teamwork, and immense things to do.

RPG, I will have to agree with noob, Jade Empire, I am still working my way through it, and I am loving it to death!

Thats all that I can think of right now. I will try and post later with more as I think of them.

Hmz. After playing the CoD: 2 demo i'm not sure.

It sure looks decent but IMO little new things over CoD and UO. I hope the actual singleplayer is better than the demo. If not, there's no chance that it will be goty for me.

Its a close toss up between SC:CT and BF2 for the best MP game of the year. If Ubisoft didn't suck so bad at patching, Splinter Cell could have won easily; But I guess I'll give my vote to BF2

I gotta agree with Podromo...I played the demo of F.E.A.R. and it blew me away. Of course, we'll see how it is when the full game comes out next month.

Half-Life 2
the most immersive game ive ever played

that game made me experience emotions ive never felt before

I would have to say FEAR, only because I've played single player and multiplayer. Multiplayer is not bad, I'm sure it has been polished up some more. The netcode is great for it and gameplay rocks. COD2 may get it though, if not single player hopefully multiplayer :cool:

Splinter Cell CT was awesome ... always been a big fan of the series :D

BF2 too ....

anyone of you played Farehite ??? damn .... its awesome !!!!!

Back