• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats the max Vcore for stock cooler(winny)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jenko

My bro has a 3000+ winny that has the stock retail cooler i was wondering what is considered a good safeish Vcore for 24/7 use as long as temps are good?
Oh and what is the default Vcore for the 3000+ winny thanks Ryan.

Mate,

A "safe" parameter to consider would have to involve both Voltage and Temprature. It is the combination of the two, which damages the CPU. With a stock cooler, I would be loath to use anything beyond 1.525V. As you will see, the temprature would rise rapidly, often hovering around the 44C mark. This to me, is a bit risky on stock cooling (I have used stock cooling in the past and have found it very inconsistent with regards to the ability to maintain a constant temprature when overclocking). However, a lot depends on your ambient temprature as well. As long as you can keep the average temprature below 42 C (the number I'm comfortable with), feel free to experiment with the voltage.

I believe the absolute max temp rating for your processor should be around 52 C. You might want to grab theCoolest's nifty little program to find out for yourself.

Good Luck!

S-N

The max that I have used is 1.64V to hit 2660MHz but with XP-120/120mm VHE.

Idle:29C

Load:41C

Like Nade said; it's a combination of two and you need to consider that in order to determine how much Vcore you can push. If you are getting high temp on stock setting with stock HS/fan then just leave it alone and see how far you can go with stock Vcore (that's lot of stocks:)).

The only problem i can see is the low multipliers even using a ram divider the 9x multi doesnt help, as my bro uses 5x512mb of generic pc3200 ram.

ADA3000DIK4BI/3000+/1800MHz/939-Pin OμPGA/1.40V/65º C/512KB

I think this is the correct one.

Factory Specs.

Hope this helps.

How badly do ram dividers hurt performance say if i set the ram speed to 133 and set the FSB to 266 so the ram is running at stock speed 200, so 266x9=2394mhz.
Is the performance the same as a stock A64 running at 2394mhz with stock pc3200?

I urge you to be cautious with extra voltage with the stock cooler. They are designed to just be adequate at stock voltage so anthing extra and it's quickly overloaded. Do not be fooled by mobo or software temp readings as they can be way off. I know I am cautious about theses things, but I would only raise the cpu speed to as far as it will go on the default voltage as long as I had stock cooling. A new cooler is only around $30 and it would be well worth the investment.

Thanks for the input guys, whats your opinions on he ram divider question i asked above?

jenko said:
How badly do ram dividers hurt performance say if i set the ram speed to 133 and set the FSB to 266 so the ram is running at stock speed 200, so 266x9=2394mhz.
Is the performance the same as a stock A64 running at 2394mhz with stock pc3200?
Running dividers will not appreciably affect your performance. Running your ram at 200MHZ with tight timings will be pretty much the same as running it at 239MHz with looser timings. There might be a slight loss of bandwidth that you could measure with a benchmark such as Sisoft, but in the real world the performance will be about the same.

Back