• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My "little" accident...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That's why some people say your computer is only as strong as your weakest part...which was your chair, lol.

Well that must've been a pretty big lost, a little fall cost you above $1000 in damages. At least look on the bright side, maybe there's a chance of building a better one.

darksparkz said:
That's why some people say your computer is only as strong as your weakest part...which was your chair, lol.
[snip]

Then the user would be the ultimate weakest point.

Buy a cheap chair, user falls over and knocks over $5,000 worth of computer equipment.

Buy a cheap desk, everything breaks apart and destroy $5,000 worth of computer equipment.

Buy a cheap PSU, blow up $5,000 worth of computer equipment.

Use the computer during a storm, lighting strike blows out $5,000 worth of computer equipment.

Drink too much caffine, the shakes causes you to slip and slide a screw driver across the mobo and destroys it.

Try to upgrade or swap computer part without noticing it's still on, blow out $5,000 worth of computer equipment

... well, you get the idea. Now where is HAL...? :D

I'd suggest buying a steel full-tower next time around. The case I got for my mother is strong enough that you can jump on it, any side, any angle, and the case will not budge. I think you could probably break a baseball bat on it. Got it at CompUSSR.

GigaForce310 said:
I'd post a picture, but I don't have a camera.

So I was sitting down in my computer chair. It was a cheap chair. Emphasis on was. It tipped and the casters somehow lined up and just tipped. I grabbed the table trying to stop me from falling... didn't work. I grabbed on my way down a shoplight cord going into the same surge protector my computer was on. It yanked it out of the wall socket. I landed on my case which was near my book case. The case flopped over and I hit my head on the book case. Several large books fell and hit me in several locations including my head. :confused: :shrug:

. :burn:

The solution to this is simple, if the chair has a pneumatic height adjustment, simply remove the castors and it shouldn't happen again :)

I'd suggest buying a steel full-tower next time around. The case I got for my mother is strong enough that you can jump on it, any side, any angle, and the case will not budge. I think you could probably break a baseball bat on it. Got it at CompUSSR
All the systems I've built myself are in full-steel cases for that above reason. I'm clumsy. I've done dumb and hideous things with harware and remarkably the thing that killed one of my former systems was a dodgy PSU and not my klutziness.

Sorry about your loss, but at least the user survived!

is that possible?
that sounds like one of those freak accidents that only happen in movies!

Atleast your ok....Sorry to hear about the hardware man.

Ohh, poor chap! That is not fun. At least you weren't badly hurt... a cracked motherboard is better than a cracked skull...

deathBOB said:
I want to feel bad.... but I can't, its just to damn funny! LMAO!

dude that's just wrong... or is it? I can't stop laughing either but I am glad he is OK! I probably just jinxed me though, will probably be electrocuted on my next upgrade...

Dang! Must have hit the computer case hard to snap parts in half and fracture others. Glad your alright though.

Back