• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My "little" accident...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GigaForce310

I'd post a picture, but I don't have a camera.

So I was sitting down in my computer chair. It was a cheap chair. Emphasis on was. It tipped and the casters somehow lined up and just tipped. I grabbed the table trying to stop me from falling... didn't work. I grabbed on my way down a shoplight cord going into the same surge protector my computer was on. It yanked it out of the wall socket. I landed on my case which was near my book case. The case flopped over and I hit my head on the book case. Several large books fell and hit me in several locations including my head. :confused: :shrug:

My case looks like a parallelogram...

Damage report:
Motherboard: snapped in half
Graphics card: 3 fractures
PSU: bent inward at base, damaging board
DVD rom and CDRW: damaged
Hard Disk Drives: looks ok
Heatsink: damaged
Processor: pins ok

0-$1200 worth of damage in... 2 seconds. :burn:

That sucks, but you should be glad the most important piece of equipment survived that accident. You. Getting a bookshelf falling on you, as well as several books, sounds nasty. Glad you're okay.

Geez that sux. I feel for you and my prayers go out to you that you are able to get another system soon. Here's a smile to lift the mood a bit.

:):D:):D:):D:)

Next time for your case, use a steel shipping crate, and pad it, so you dont kill yourself on it.

That is what we call getting pwn3d by gravity though.

Wow that is a lot of damage! Too bad you cant post pics. I want to see the case with all that broken stuff inside. I would think that well secured parts would be able to survive a fall beter than that. I guess not. :( Sorry for your loss. Moment of silence please.............................

Glad you are ok. Take care of yourself :)

JT

Man, i feel for you. We all hate it when sh*t goes wrong. Like when I accidently fried my HDD and had to be without my computer for a month while i saved the money to buy an identical one to swap the PCB, which worked.

I had my PSU running, but not the mobo or anything, and i was rigging a fan to run at 7V, i forgot to unplug my HDD and somehow something shorted and fried the drive's PCB. Stupidest thing ive ever done to my computer. I didnt have any head injuries, but believe me, i would have glady traded the busted HDD for a concussion.

Everyone should share their horror stories.

LMAO..I would love to have seen a video clip of that .. But just picturing it happen is pretty funny ... Glad YOU are ok, and that description of events is priceless ! ! ! ! !

hazmatt87 said:
Everyone should share their horror stories.
Nothing was damaged at all, but this was scary for me.

I tried sleeving my cables, but screwed them up so the hooks inside the molex housing didn't work, so I had to push the cables into the molex connector when plugging it into a device.

One time, a molex connector fell off, and the cables touched the bottom of the case and were sparking all over the place :eek: Forunately, I wasn't touching the case at the time, I shut off the surge protector connected to the computer. Nothing was damaged but still, scary stuff.

Back