• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The "fix" for QMD's on AMD's seems to give gromacs to P4's!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pscout

Senior Newbie Cannon-Fodder - R. I. P. good budd
All my P4 mostly QMD exclusive (BP/-Advmethods) machines are now getting GROMACS!!!

I am guessing this is a byproduct of the "FIX" by stanford to stop giving QMD's to amd machines???!!!

I hope they fix this soon!

I just got a response from Vijay ... he said this would keep up until Friday or Monday.

If its Monday it will give someone else my spot in the top 20.

the temp fix is only good till monday? hmm.... i was loookin' over the server list last night.... seemed like about 1 out of 5 servers was down for some reason or other. Maybe they are doin' some major updates?

this is freaking retarded, I woke up today to have grand total of 77points on this rig, I just went orange and this is gonna kill it damn you vijay

dicecca112 said:
this is freaking retarded, I woke up today to have grand total of 77points on this rig, I just went orange and this is gonna kill it damn you vijay

Welcome to my world, it seems my little p7xx problem started again.

Both of my AMD rigs that are set up for QMDs (BP/-Advmethods) are still receiving QMDs with no problems.

EDIT: scratch that. both rigs just finished up their respective WUs and qued up gromacs :bang head

Last edited:
Well there goes my 1600 ppd average. One of my three QMD rigs went from 400 ppd to 120.

$#@@# $&R%^ %^$$^*% $*^%$*^ %$(*%^$*E ^%#$!!!!! :temper: §

That is all. :cry:

§ (Disclaimer. The above characters do not represent any specific words in the English language. They are simply characters.)

Last edited:
I looked at my two rigs today to find them folding Gromacs and not QMDs. :bang head As a beginning folder it was a real boost to climb the ladder so fast from nothing. :) To see my points drop from 900 ppd to around 240 ppd or so, a real bummer.

After a few moments of panic trying to figure out what happened, I remembered it's not really about the points but the science and saving lives. :)

Hmmm, maybe there is hope for me yet and I'm on my way to recovering from the " need more points addiction" that was beginning to overtake me?

Vijay Pande said:
QMD's will be back soon. Hopefully either Friday or Monday.

Apparently to stop the large corp based folders from getting QMD's by mistake (and risking losing a huge folding farms) they have mostly stopped sending out QMD's untill today or monday to give them time to implement and test a fix.

Rigs that had flags to stop them getting QMD's were getting them.

Getting QMD's on folding only rigs would not be a problem, but i know what happens from experience if 2 qmd's were running at the same time on my rigs! or on my lesser p4's that i am working on while running a qmd ...

So hopefiully we will get our steady diet of QMd's back shortly!

All my QMD boxen are on a lite diet of itsy bitsy gromacs this weekend :shrug:

Oh well I think I know what's going on and it's no biggie as this will affect everyone.

Like pscout said, QMDs were getting sent to machines that were set NOT to get them such as corp machines. That's a huge problem that needs to get fixed ASAP!

A lot of IT guys who use their corp machines to fold are at risk to lose their jobs if some QMDs took down mission critical machines by flooding their memory bus, etc. Not only would the IT super folders get in deep dodo, but it would give FAH a black eye and make it harder to recruit. I understand why Stanford did this and I fully support it while they sort this out.

It's costing me some PPD too but I'll gladly accept it knowing that it's going to be better for FAH in the long run.

And it will give the AMD folks a chance to outpoint us for a while.

Back