• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What does your San Diego core s939 Opteron overclock to?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

What does your San Diego core s939 Opteron overclock to?

• Total voters
Alright, I understand it's a very difficult thing to understand but if you:

A) Do not own a s939 San Diego core Opteron
B) Have not overclocked a s939 San Diego core Opteron

... then you do not qualify for this poll. As far as I can tell none of the seven voters fit these criteria. If you wish to prove otherwise by all means post your info, we'd all love to see it. In the meantime, I'm having all the votes wiped.

I'd like to think that the criteria of the poll is clear enough, please respect it. We're not children here. I'd rather not put idiotic looking huge red text all over the place that doesn't help anyway. We all have to work together on this for it to be useful, so if you do not qualify do not vote :rolleyes:

Poll fixed.

Post full specs when you vote. If you crap this poll up I will go stabby stabby kthx

I just realized how stringent this poll is; it only takes into consideration 2500MHz and up. :p
You guys are expecting a lot. But who isn't? XD

IWasHungry said:
You guys are expecting a lot.
Well, it's only scaled 50 Mhz higher than the X2 & revision E polls were :p Like I said before if we see a huge bubble on the first option its my bad and I'll fry my ram up with green peppers, basil and garlic to punish myself but I don't think we will. Of course if we could have 12 or more poll options instead of 10 this wouldn't be a problem at all :rolleyes:

I'm not seeing any screenies with this poll. Post some screenshots guys!!
Especially the one that got it over 3.3GHz

That's cause only 2 of us have any screenshots to post. LOL. Everyone else is talking about Denmark, Mars, Venus, San Diego, Tijuana, Jupiter in this thread... :p

I guess we got ours a little early, more people will roll in soon.

* Opteron 148
* CABNE 0528
* Max Case Temp: 63C
* 279x11= 3066 MHz
* Cooling: XP-90/[email protected]
* 1.65V (multimeter)
* Temps: 36C/46C/19C
* DFI nF3 Ultra-D BIOS v811
* OCZ Powerstream 520W
* Prime95 stable 9+ hours

No screenshots until the weekend. My Patriosts crapped out (and may be holding me back a little); G.Skill's should arrive tomorrow. I feel pretty confident that with some tweaking, burn in, and AS5 settling I will be able to get higher, but this is where I am after a couple days with the chip. Down the road will move to water cooling and Expert/Crossfire mobo, both of which should help substantially.

Last edited:
I've not put my entry into the poll yet as I've only just got the net in my new house today up and running. Heres some info on my fairly rubbish overclock anyway:

Opteron 144
CABNE 0536
Max case temp = Unknown (will find out later on this evening)
Max overclock = 277x9=2493, Memory = 1024mb of Generic PC3200 @ 208mhz
Default Voltage (!?)
Idle about 35C Load 42+C (needs more research)
Cooling = Cooler Master Hyper 6 HS with Fan on High with OCZ Silver 5+ applied
Motherboard = DFI Lanparty UT nf4 Ultra-D
Power Supply = Sweet (generic really) 650W
1 hour Prime 95 tested (sorry)

I'm running the 310 DFI Bios which I Winflashed.

For some reason, I can run at 2.5 (probably) stable at 2.5ghz, but I cannot boot at 2.6ghz or above (haven't had time to try in between). What happens is my computer resets whilst doing whatever it does when it says "blabhallah DMI... Update"

It simply resets every time I try and boot whilst clocked any higher, even with the most or least volt i can give it. Any help would be grealy appreciated.

1 quick question, should I flash the DMI block when winflashing my BIOS?? (I didn't do this and though i'd killed my pc as it didn't boot the first 3 times after flashing, fine now tho)

I'll read and post a bit more later on tonight :)

It simply resets every time I try and boot whilst clocked any higher, even with the most or least volt i can give it. Any help would be grealy appreciated.
Might be memory related. You could run a heavy divider and super loose timings to rule it out. DFI boards generally do not like cheap memory at all. Look there first, then to your PSU, and I bet you'll be happy you did.

I can boot at 2600mhz now but I have to use a 133 divider otherwise it won't boot. The thing is a 140 divider which I would really like to use would put my memory speed at 202mhz, and although its cheap memory i've had it running about 208mhz on both sticks stable before without any extra juice, even with really loose timings it won't boot.

It just resets every time I try booting using the 140 divider just before it should be saying "Verifying DMI Pool Data...."etc

I'm using the latest non beta bios from the DFI site, 623 I think it is. Memory timings seem to have no bearing in whether not not I can boot using the 140 divider. I'd be happy with my overclock of 2600mhz if I could just get my memory going a little bit faster, I can't afford to spend any more money on this system though as a student.

Cheers, Mark

Edit: forgot to quote my temps, they seem to be 35C idle and 40C under full load, don't seem to be able to make them hit 41C (found these out using Sandra).

Opteron 148
CABNE 0528
Max T case = 65C
3150Mhz 10x315Mhz
Chilled watercooling
1.55V
74F-78F (idel/load)
DFI Lanparty UT SLI-D with 6-23 bios
OCZ PowerStream 520W
Tested Sadra benchs, 3dmark, AM3, real games like HL2, CSS, and now Quake4
Will post a 3dmark01 compare link as soon as I login and get the url
While stable, I have since backed down to 3050Mhz with 1.505V I didn't like the idea of neeing almost another .05V just for 100Mhz Will run at 3.2Ghz with 1.6V+

PICS!:

cpuz0vs.jpg

cpu5lb.jpg

cpu21ud.jpg

mem4xe.jpg

am38wi.jpg

Spoons said:
I can boot at 2600mhz now but I have to use a 133 divider otherwise it won't boot. The thing is a 140 divider which I would really like to use would put my memory speed at 202mhz, and although its cheap memory i've had it running about 208mhz on both sticks stable before without any extra juice, even with really loose timings it won't boot.
Cheap memory is the key word here..Go get you some good stuff man, you'll thank me for it

Are the dual core opterons comparable overclockers to these single core opterons? Are they better than X2s?

Back