• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What does your San Diego core s939 Opteron overclock to?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

What does your San Diego core s939 Opteron overclock to?

• Total voters
onx said:
Are the dual core opterons comparable overclockers to these single core opterons? Are they better than X2s?
I don't believe there have been enough results to know for sure. Compared to the single cores, barely anyone has the dual-core Opteron.

Gnerma said:
This chip takes 2.9 @ 1.45V like a champ but 3.0 GHz is a different story.. working on it.

I'd take 2.9... but I am also hoping for 3.0Ghz(on air). :D I'll be ordering mine up as soon as I can get my work addresses added to my credit card, otherwise Monarch is gonna send it to me and I'll never be home to sign for it. :bang head ...and that really defeats the point of delivery if I have to drive an hour to the FedEx hub to pick it up. :rolleyes:

Long story short... I'll hopefully have some results to share in the coming weeks as well. :D

Well it looks like 2.9 is all I can get out of this chip in my current setup. One thing I found interesting about these is they can output quantities of heat large enough to essentially "overpower" my 90C which is something my Venice couldn't really pull off. As soon as you start adding voltage temps really skyrocket. I'm pushing 50c at only 1.475V. So yeah, if you want to load these bad boys up with voltage water is definitely recommended. I think this, along with the slight possibility that this board just doesn't have the testicular fortitude to handle higher clocks or power thoroughput, is holding me back from 3.0. I'm happy with 2.9 though. 200 MHz and the extra cache isn't too bad of an upgrade. I'll keep working on it though.

• Opteron 146
  • CABNE 0530
  • Max Case 65c
  • 2900 MHz, 290 x 10
  • XP-90C /w 90mm TT rated for 56 CFM
  • 1.475V although it runs with 1.45V at low ambient. The chip goes up to 2.86 at stock voltage
  • 33 - 35 idle, 46 - 49 load (the screenshot below was taken at very low ambient)
  • Motherboard = BFG RNF4U /w 6/03 BIOS
  • Fortron Bluestorm 500w PSU
  • For testing I've ran prime for several hours as well as loads of gaming and general use
  • clocks, chip

So anyway you guys are lame, buy some Opterons and post some results! :p I've only seen a few so far on these boards.

Last edited:
They aren't easy to come by...especially your golden CABNE stepping. Tried giving it a tad more voltage? Just a hunch, but I think due to the vigorous testing these Opties go through, they should be able to handle higher temps stably than other A64's.

But in any case, 2.9 is definitely nothing short of excellent for air. Great work. :thup:

Gautam said:
Tried giving it a tad more voltage?
Thanks Gautam. I ran as high as 1.6V through it at 3.0, all it did was increase prime's time to failure from a few seconds to closer to 30 seconds. As I said above, this motherboard might be contributing to this brickwall like behavior above about 2.87. I might throw it in my DFI but that board has been ****ing me off greatly (doesn't like my memory).

Place Holder (more testing to be done)
-----------------------------
Processor: Opteron 148
Stepping: CABNE 0528GPMW
Max T case: ??C
MHz: 2805Mhz (11x255Mhz)
Cooling: Air
Cooler: Zalman CNPS7700CU
VCore: 1.52V
Temps: 44/68 (Idle/Load)
Motherboard: DFI Lanparty UT Ultra-D with 5-10 bios
Power Supply: OCZ PowerStream 520W

24 hours Prime stable. I havent voted yet because I'm not done tinkering :)

I believe heat is what's limiting me at this point. Even at stock speeds/volts I'm getting 40C at idle...

Last edited:
Back