• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

x850xt...Big problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

klear

I was playing some BF2 and all of a sudden I heard a clunk in my case and my computer screen shut off which was followed by a restart. I turned off my computer and a big transistor was laying on the case floor. There wasn't anything pushing against it or anything. The transistor itself isn't burn and the videocard itself looks fine....it just fell off. I upgraded the cooling to the Arctic Cooling fan a few weeks ago but besides that haven't touched it. This is the first time anything like that has happened. Earlier today I kept getting screen corruptions and artifacts as if I was overclocking too much but I was running everything at stock speeds. Its almost as if the transistor was slowly just working itself off the board. Is there any suggestions as to what I can do? I have no idea how to sauder so I'm guessing I would have to pay to get that done which, if thats my only option, I'm alrighty with paying. Help!

Mate,

If you didn't mess with it or dislodge it, its not your fault. Send it back. If you are a bit adventerous, its a simple matter to solder the transistor (depending on where and how close to other components it is) back onto the PCB. If it is a small SMT device (surface mount), its going to be very hard.

Back