• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good PC Deal?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

liability111

Well I was wondering if I could get a deal any better then this. My brother is buying a new computer and this is the best deal that we could find. He isn't building on his own simply because he doesn't want to deal with it and doesn't know how.

System Summary
CASE : NZXT Nemesis Metal Mid-Tower Case 400W W/ side-panel Window (BLACK COLOR)
CPU : (939-pin) AMD ATHLON64 3000+ CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology
MOTHERBOARD : (Sckt939)GigaByte GA-K8N-SLI nForce4 SLI Chipset DDR400 SATA Dual PCI-E Mainboard w/GbLAN,USB2.0,&7.1Audio
MEMORY : 1024 MB (512MBx2) PC3200 400MHz Dual Channel DDR MEMORY (Corsair Value Select)
VIDEO CARD : NVIDIA Geforce 6600 GT 128MB 16X PCI EXPRESS VIDEO CARD
VIDEO CARD 2 : NVIDIA Geforce 6600 GT 128MB 16X PCI EXPRESS VIDEO CARD
MONITOR & LCD : NONE
HARD DRIVE : 160GB Hard Drive (SATA150 - Hitachi 160GB 7200RPM 8MB Cache -- Recommended)
Hard Drive 2 : NONE
Optical Drive : (Special Price) LG GWA-4161 16X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE DUAL LAYER (BEIGE COLOR)
Optical Drive 2 : NONE
SOUND : HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
Price: $884.00
(SLI with 2 6600GT's)

This is coming from www.cyberpowersystem.com
No OS needed, we have a spare legal copy of XP Pro.

If the answer is no, could you please show me a better deal? Keep in mind there is no way he'd be willing to spend nearly anything more then this, and if possible cheaper is better.

Drop the sli option, and go with a single card of x800xl or higher or the 6800gt or higher, there is no point on getting two midrange cards when one high end will do the trick with less power and the same price.

Back