• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1.5ghz (705) banias work with 915GMS? need help fast

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

camper

1.5ghz (705) banias work with 915GMS? **update

Hey all, I need help fast!
Will 1.5ghz (705) banias CPU work on 915GMS laptop?
My Asus Z63a (W3a) barebone will arrive on Tuesday. So far I'm getting mixed messages about whether it will work with the 915 chipsets. I mean intel states that it can support the 400mhz celeron-m 1mb L2, so in theory, the banias will work then? I know the intel website state it does not support 705, but that does not mean it is not possible.
Have anyone tried banias CPU with 915 chipsets?
If not, i can order a 533mhz CPU, just don't want to return it if my old banias works after all.
THanks

Last edited:
why diden't you get a dothan? Dothan has 1MB more cache and costs about the same and is throughly tested with the pinmod... allthough the pinmod for a dothan and a bianas is exactly the same you have to remember that they are different process technologies 130nm vs 90nm and I don't have any information on sucuess rates of bianas chips... I would expect them to be in the 90+% range still since it's a 1.5ghz chip.

I'm swaping parts from my old laptop that came with the banias.
I'll keep you guys posted on the result.

Thx

I would not do the pin mod as the first Pentium m cores did not O/C at all. I recomend leaving it at 400FSB, and just wait till you can snag a PM 1.6 and pin mod it to 2.13 :santa:

Hey all, I popped a 1.7a dothan in there and it works!!! yay!!!
This thing is so pretty :)

Thanks for all your inputs.

No, the banias don't work with 915GM. damn it intel

camper said:
Hey all, I popped a 1.7a dothan in there and it works!!! yay!!!
This thing is so pretty :)

Thanks for all your inputs.

No, the banias don't work with 915GM. damn it intel
hows it oc? :D

d94 said:
hows it oc? :D

I dono yet but i have heard that Asus+1.6a dothan = 2.13a @ 533mhz.
I'll try it when this thing gets old. For now, there is really no point to OC this thing. I mean I just want good battery life, that's why I got the 1.6a vs 1.6b P-M

Back