• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First ATI 1x00 numbers in: x1800 looks like a doozy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
1.that core overclock is lower than the highest core overclock for the x850xtpe(904mhz.) very impressed with the memory overclock though.

2.if thats a cherry picked sample, than i wouldnt expect any ground-breaking core overclocks from cards in the retail channels.however i do think two of those in crossfire in the right hands could very well take over the orb in all three benchies.the 50k and maybe the 55 or even 60k barrier in 01 is as good as gone in perhaps just a matter of hours :drool: .and dont get me started on what damage they might do to the rest of the orb :cool: .

Last edited:
Nice ram overclock but the core sucks! If this is any indication, the r520 core cant even clock as high as the r480 core :( Then I do not expect most r520s to overclock with air cooling. Even if the x1800xt beats a 7800gtx, overclock the 7800gtx and itll win then!

Overclocker550 said:
Nice ram overclock but the core sucks! If this is any indication, the r520 core cant even clock as high as the r480 core :( Then I do not expect most r520s to overclock with air cooling. Even if the x1800xt beats a 7800gtx, overclock the 7800gtx and itll win then!

Who knows, maybe they haven't had enough time to tweak voltage, etc, etc.... I'd just wait a little bit..

Dan

Back