• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The X800GTO2 Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
good news people.... just took off the back plate to start my cooler refit... there was so little TIM on the memory I could barely see it. Ram is indeed 1.6ns ram..... :D We should see some definate improvement once I get the ceramique on there......

One More:

FUmarkranking.jpg

:D

Indeed.... now newegg has them...... for just about the same price......
More good news.... the TIM on the core was garbage and again hardly any TIM on the core side ram..... I'm looking for much better performance once the good cooler goes on.... should be done in about a half hour......

HousERaT said:
Indeed.... now newegg has them...... for just about the same price......
More good news.... the TIM on the core was garbage and again hardly any TIM on the core side ram..... I'm looking for much better performance once the good cooler goes on.... should be done in about a half hour......
Are you re-applying stock cooling or are you moving the silencers?

koss20100 said:
nice, im interested what a better cooling solution can do for your clocks. BTW will you be adding ram sinks ?
If not I would *highly* reccomend it as my clocks went up quite a bit once I added some.

Yes After market cooling is the best step forward my OC went up buy 70HZ core and 60Hz with my zalaman best step you could make ever!

ok... just installed the ati-silencer...... sapphire trixx is testing for clocks as we speak.... whatever the numbers turn out to be they'll only get better with time as the TIM sets in.... AS5 on the core and Ceramique in the ram...... update in a few.

Sweet, I love the numbers im seeing. I have the parts sitting at my mailbox right now and will have the computer built by tonight. By tomorrow I should have the article written about this card and upgrading my 478 chip. We will have to see how much I can get out of this beast when i flash it over the the x850xt flash.

ok back and now with the ati-silencer...... clocks are back up to where they were before the flash using Sapphire Trixx...... 490/574
Lets see what this means in real world overclocking...... ;)

Attachments

• X800GTO2-9.JPG
    X800GTO2-9.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 801
Nice thread Rat.
Don't expect to be setting any 3DMark records with them, but the dollar value is significant. In essence you're saving $100 over a standard X850XT.

IWasHungry said:
Nice thread Rat.
Don't expect to be setting any 3DMark records with them, but the dollar value is significant. In essence you're saving $100 over a standard X850XT.

Nope, won't be breaking any records with this card..... but it already stomped my XL with the stock cooler.... so it's a superior card to my XL......
Note: the stock cooler was the reference design that came with my XL however this one has a copper/aluminum hybrid and a small backplate.... better than my XL cooler but still not great.

Basically this is a poor overclocking X850XT.... not bad for $220 shipped.

Still no tweaking to the drivers or mem timings........

Attachments

• X800GTO2-10.JPG
    X800GTO2-10.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 790
Well this is tempting but I just bought an x850xt pe so have fun while I water down this new card.

Oh by the way these go for $175 at newegg right now. Reminds me of the 5900xts $175 card that flashed to a $350-$400 card fairly easily.

speed bump said:
Oh by the way these go for $175 at newegg right now. Reminds me of the 5900xts $175 card that flashed to a $350-$400 card fairly easily.
actually the GTO cards go for $175..... This is the GTO2 and these are now selling for $229..... Newegg jacked up the price.;)

Back