• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The X800GTO2 Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
hmm, i'll try messing around with it some more. i was getting the screen dropping problems before i went to the faster timings and even with the clocks at 500/550 but that was with pcie at 101mhz so i'll try default timings again; if it's a dud overclocker then back it goes...we'll see.

Gautam said:
I'm gettin impatient here. Where's the AM3 and 01 action? :D
Here's some 01 action on my freshly installed 2000Pro drive. I still have 200Mhz on the cpu to play with + the multiprocessor tweak. I see 36K in my future.

Attachments

• 2000Pro-2001SE.JPG
    2000Pro-2001SE.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 166
My highest score ever is now history. :D

CPU - 3000Mhz
GPU 636/615 (normal timings)
with a few reg tweaks.
Still have low timings and the multiproc tweak in the hat. ;)

Attachments

• 2000Pro-2001SE.JPG
    2000Pro-2001SE.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 162
Now fully tweaked out.... maybe a little left in here somewhere but not much. This will displace some of my 3DMark01SE bretheren in the benchmark section. :D

Attachments

• highest01RT.JPG
    highest01RT.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 162
I have a feeling that I may be getting my POTs in today; if not, though, most likely tomorrow, as it said that it was sent USPS Priority on the 27th (Friday).

In any case, I'm thinking of running 1.65-1.7v to core and 2.35v to mem daily (what ya think?).

Also, I want to do suicide runs... what would you guys consider safe for suicide runs on water, and with a 120mm delta blowing on the entire card. I may go for 1.8vcore, but I may have to sink some MOSFETs for that. Anywhere I can find out what else to sink to run that high of a core? I'd rather not bother ViperJohn, as he's supposed to be making money with his knowledge, and I feel guilty asking for help from him. I hate the pc tech calls I get myself from friends as it is.

Sounds good, 1.8v sounds good for "suicide" runs/ 1.83v/2.35v is where I ran mine when chilled. Different cards tend to react differently to voltage though, you'll probably need to do some fine-tuning.

Gautam said:
Sounds good, 1.8v sounds good for "suicide" runs/ 1.83v/2.35v is where I ran mine when chilled. Different cards tend to react differently to voltage though, you'll probably need to do some fine-tuning.
Well, I have the multi-turn pot so I should be ight.

I'm so excited to do this... if I kill the card, oh well... hoping it goes well of course. :)

So it turns out that I did get mail today, and my rents had put it somewhere... anyways, I got the package after I got back from the gym around 10:30pm. I just soldered on a couple wires to the vcore points, and when I went to solder wire to the VDD and VDDQ points, I couldn't. I don't have silver solder... I'm assuming that's why. Can anyone tell me for sure?

Also, what wires did you guys use... I have some spare wire, but I had to cut it thinner which was annoying...

Hey there HouseRat,

I have a question. After your heatsink mod, what was the highest stable core overclock with default core voltage ?

Also, does X850XT BIOS use higher core voltage &/or tighter memory timing ?

Thanks!

xxgg said:
Hey there HouseRat,

I have a question. After your heatsink mod, what was the highest stable core overclock with default core voltage ?

Also, does X850XT BIOS use higher core voltage &/or tighter memory timing ?

Thanks!
Highest stable was 561, which was the same with all the other cooling.

I don't believe the XT bios offers anything different from the modded GTO² bios. Maybe some better functionality with older drivers but that's about it.

HousERaT said:
Highest stable was 561, which was the same with all the other cooling.

I don't believe the XT bios offers anything different from the modded GTO² bios. Maybe some better functionality with older drivers but that's about it.
I flashed to a XT PE bios, and it didn't help anything OC better at all. I don't remember what default GTO² timings were, so I can't tell ya the changes in timings either. :(

Btw, after I flashed the the XT PE bios, I now keep getting the windows new hardware detect message on every boot. I had to disable it. I wonder what it's seeing as "new"...

Is the GTO2 VIVO with the TV Wonder IC? The driver might be trying to look for those capabilities.

What do you mean "you couldn't" solder the VDD and VDDQ mods? This is the solder I use, nothing fancy. Just tin the wire and press it with the iron on the appropriate IC leg.

I don't remember exactly what wire I used, I've got tons of it around the house just from here and there. I think the stuff I used for my X850XT mods came from a broken racing wheel.

Gautam said:
Is the GTO2 VIVO with the TV Wonder IC? The driver might be trying to look for those capabilities.

What do you mean "you couldn't" solder the VDD and VDDQ mods? This is the solder I use, nothing fancy. Just tin the wire and press it with the iron on the appropriate IC leg.

I don't remember exactly what wire I used, I've got tons of it around the house just from here and there. I think the stuff I used for my X850XT mods came from a broken racing wheel.
Rosin didn't work for me, so I bought Silver solder and it worked 10x better.

In any case, guess what!!! I failed my voltmod. My card is deceased. ARTIFACTS GALORE!! I even removed the entire voltmod (which I spent all night on modding to begin with :(). I even went over the soldering areas to make sure nothing was messy or touching one another. I had done the VDD, VDDQ, and VCore mods. I set the two 20K pots on the VDD and VDDQ all the way up to 20K, as well as the vcore's 10K pot all the way up to 10K... I then fired up the card and I didn't get a POST screen... I didn't see any video until it got into windows, which was artifact madness. That was with the DVI port. I switched over to the VGA port and instead of no video until windows, it just booted right up with flying colors (literally).

So... I guess I don't have my main rig anymore. There you have it... a risk gone foul. :(

I still don't know what I did wrong. It would have been nice to know cuz then I could say that I learned from my mistake.

:cry: Sorry to see a good card go...but on the bright side, least now you've got an excuse to join the rest of the crew in x1900xt land. If it makes you feel any better, I killed two 9800NP's and an X800XT PE in the course of a year.

Here's some food for thought, I don't like the sound of you "spending all night" on a volt mod. Just how much time did your soldering iron spend on the video card? vmods should take a matter of minutes, tops. If you're messing up, then remove the iron quick, and take a breather. If the iron was touching any part of the card for even a minute or two at a time, there's a pretty good chance you fried a trace or two. This is in fact how I killed my afforementioned 9800. The funny thing was that it was my 4th or 5th mod on the exact PCB, so I was a little overconfident...it was also pretty late at night. Bad combo.

Houserat :) i guess u missed this but.....
Here you go new record for me. Zalman Copper gpu cooler vf-700-cu or what ever no volt mod and flashed. 582/600. i can do 588/588 but this gets me a higher 3d mark score. heres pic.
http://img40.imageshack.us/my.php?i...016pipes225.jpg

ill attempt a better score in a bit but most likely wont be much better. i put a 3500+ in there which will prolly help but im using some generic psu till i can afford the silverstone one i want so that might also help my ocing. who knows ill keep in touch. and feel free to add me to the hall of fame :)

Back