• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The X800GTO2 Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
800 core? I don't think that's possible actually... don't think there's anyone in the world that hit that high to be honest... maybe 750? :D

Well, you know what they say... "aim high"

Never on a GTO2...yes...but DarkVirus' card in particular shames even the quickest X850XT PE's. :p Anything around 0C would probably good for 800 with a card like that.

521/651 it passed 3dmark looped 15 times. Now on to raising the core at the same time.

PS: sorry for all the post mine just really exsited and this is the only place where people understand why. Screen shots soon I promise

7331.jpg

just ran again 641/641 3Dmark 7416

Last edited:
my card pulls a max of 625 core 580 mem, not a gto, but it's an x800pro - on stock cooling. any tips on increasing those speeds with the cooling i have or no?

Well my card is more then likely dead. I was think of waiting a few months and getting a x1xxx card.

So right now I have a 9600xt. When I tried ocing this in my old rig I was luck to get an extra 20 on the core and nothing on the mem. In my new rig I'm running at 560 on the core and 330 on the mem.

So I was thinking how much does ocing rely on the other parts of your rig. What are the chances that I would be able to get another GTO2 and oc it like the last on did?

Here is the big question. got a 800gto2 or a 850xt in the next few weeks or wait to get a x1xxx card?

DarkVirusVx said:
Well my card is more then likely dead. I was think of waiting a few months and getting a x1xxx card.

So right now I have a 9600xt. When I tried ocing this in my old rig I was luck to get an extra 20 on the core and nothing on the mem. In my new rig I'm running at 560 on the core and 330 on the mem.

So I was thinking how much does ocing rely on the other parts of your rig. What are the chances that I would be able to get another GTO2 and oc it like the last on did?

Here is the big question. got a 800gto2 or a 850xt in the next few weeks or wait to get a x1xxx card?
wait and get a x1xxx card...

by the way, how did you kill your card?

just got mine from godman :) 600/600 flashed to a X850XT... idles at 38C and gets to about 56C under load while playing BF2 and after running 3D Mark'05... Probably has potential to go higher, but I'll leave it at that :) It scored 6608 in 3D Mark'05... no too shabby :)

I think I was able to bench at 625/625 ish on that card... not 100% sure, but what I do know for sure is that the ram on these cards almost always hit 615-630mhz... at least all 8 or so that I've owned have... :)

heh... I know... I'm still researching what other people have done OC-wise....But I can't seem to find anyone with a 0521 APFW....260x10 isn't stable, same for 250x10...gonna up the cpu volts to 1.623 when I get home and play around with the RAM settings a bit to see if I can get her up there :) The previous owner had it at 2.4 @ 1.5v, but I think 1.5v is a little excessive for 2.4.... who knows? Might just be a bum chip....

Sell it and pick up the opteron 146 for $119.99 at monarch... jk jk... :)

CPU speed definitely helps a lot with a gto2 for 3dmark05. I hit 7757 in 3dmark05 with my opteron 165 @ 3ghz (current one can bench at 3.12), no driver tweaks, and a dirty OS install... I could have EASILY hit 8,000... and that only goes to show the potential your card really has man...

I didn't have the same card as the one I gave you, but yours tops out at almost the same as my old gto2... maybe even better. =D

You should be breaking 7,000... start upping the memory on the card... I left the ramsinks on there so that you shouldn't have to worry about ram temps.

I'll work on the card once I get the CPU situated :) Gotta whip her into shape and see if I can eek out 2.6Ghz from her... got the AMD Dual Core 4-pipe HSF on her and I plan on getting an adapter this afternoon so I can mount my 92mm Tornado on it :santa: So temps hopefully won't be a problem :)

SuperDave1685 said:
I'll work on the card once I get the CPU situated :) Gotta whip her into shape and see if I can eek out 2.6Ghz from her... got the AMD Dual Core 4-pipe HSF on her and I plan on getting an adapter this afternoon so I can mount my 92mm Tornado on it :santa: So temps hopefully won't be a problem :)
i'm very interested to see how much a bigger fan helps on those x2 coolers... mine was nice, but i didn't like it MUCH BETTER than a stock cooler tbh... i did notice how weak the fan on it was... SO SILENT!

Back