• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ocz Platinum Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hainer36

hey, im deciding on wheter or not to get 2x512MB of the OCZ platinum DDR500 EL ram, the seller says they are rev.1.0 and does that mean they have the nice TCCD on em, or is that only for the 4800's?

and if i can get em for 130 for 2x512, am i a fool not to get em?

hainer36 said:
hey, im deciding on wheter or not to get 2x512MB of the OCZ platinum DDR500 EL ram, the seller says they are rev.1.0 and does that mean they have the nice TCCD on em, or is that only for the 4800's?

and if i can get em for 130 for 2x512, am i a fool not to get em?
Hopefully SteveOCZ see's your post and helps you.
My understanding is rev 1 is TCCD on pc3200. I dont see why not on pc4000.
And if the seller says so then jump on it. If wrong, give'm back and smack him for lying.

he said there rev.1.0 and said he doesnt know the chips cuz he didnt take the heatspreader off, but i figured that if it is rev 1.0 then it should be tccd......and for 130usd shipped to canada......ive already set up the deal and it looks like my vitesta is comin out of the system now :D

I assume you're talking about the pc3200 platinum rev 2. The rev 1.0 is TCCD, 1.1 is TCC5 and no rev is TCCD.

The pc3200 platinum non rev 2 is infineon based

Steve

ah crap....OCZ EL DDR PC-4000 Dual Channel Gold
thats what i got....not platinum.....ah well, he said its rev 1.0 anyways....how far can i push these?

is the dealer color blind?

can't tell difference between gold-colored heatsinks, and platinum-colored heatsinks? I'd smack him upside the head for that move.

Back