• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

x850xt MajorProblems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dimebolt

Registered
I just put one in my comp and whenever I goto run aquamark or any game or 3d app I hear a loud click over and over and the app dosnt load

----

Athlon 2500XP
Asus A7N8X
1gb pc3200
420watt PSU

ATI Radeon X850XT (not overclocked)

All Temps were fine, I cant check now it makes the loud clicks when windows boots and the comp locks up shortly after.

Anything 3d caused the problems but now windows locks upon boot, I have my 9600xt back in im backing up some stuff and am going to format.

xdimeboltx - aim

what brand/model is that power supply? Did you uninstall all your old video drivers? And do you have the nforce drivers installed?

nforce drivers installed
im in the middle of a fresh install (format) now doing vid drivers last
not sure brand of psu, camewith case
420watt psu

It could be PSU related. Your PSU is probably a cheapo, and those suck. And as you have a pretty power hungry system as it is, add the video card which is also a power guzzler and you might find your PSU inadequate for the job

im sittin on my main rig right now finnaly took foreve rto update all the windows garbage

im downloading aquamark 3 as i type this
so far no freezing on boot, which it did pre-format.

if it occurs again my friends rig is sitting here enxt to me
he has a thermaltake 420watt psu,

if i STILL have problems ill run down to the comp store in 4 hours (gah) and pick up a 500+ watt psu if that dont fix it out with the axe ...

well aquamark ran fine once i turned off fastwrite

my score improved huge too
i used to get about a 32k got a 50k

Back